Linx any good ?

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Re: Linx any good ?

Postby LROBBINS » 18 Dec 2020, 14:45

It's compiled hex code, but before one can use it or modify it you'd have to know (1) what programming language was used, (2) which compiler and linker are used, (3) what computer the system has, and (4) whether an in-service-programmer is available for that computer. Way beyond my knowledge too, but someone out there in the wide world of computer hackers should be able to do it.
LROBBINS

Postby arun.asan@ymail.com » 18 Dec 2020, 15:19

I will do some more work on this as soon as I get home from work. Its exciting in a way being part of a community that can give each other encouragement to be more independent.
arun.asan@ymail.com

Postby steves1977uk » 18 Dec 2020, 17:18

There is a 64-bit version linked on the main page... http://www.ollydbg.de/ Ollydbg 64. :thumbup:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 18 Dec 2020, 20:35

I am not a programmer. But if this can be done it will be good. It means that 2 modern systems will be useable. Although they still look a bit cheap so not my prefered setup. It does open up options.

As of today, VR2 and R-Net and other PGDT systems are OEM accessible to us.
And OLDER Dynamic stuff is no problem.

But non of the new LiNX stuff. And while some of the older Curtis Instruments stuff (enable 50, older quantum branded stuff etc is accessible or fully accessible. Non of the new rehab stuff from pride/quantum is. So avoid all of those. And Permobil appears to use R-Net but integrates a lot of their own stuff, so frequently causes problems and some cannot be programmed much or at all as no special permobil OEM software.

Personally I wouldnt touch any chair with a barge pole if I couldnt FIRST get hold of an OEM or better programmer. Its a total dealbreaker to me. Factory, service, or other levels are frequently used on dynamic stuff. And needed for some things.

So for now, R-Net system wins. Its the most flexible, best options, easy to work with and easy to program. And the most commonly used across many brands and models. So that remains my preferred system.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby arun.asan@ymail.com » 23 Dec 2020, 13:18

Another revilation Gals & Guys. Through Ghidra, further levels of access have been found. Now there are up to 7 levels. Please see image below for proof. The question now is: How can we make the LAK key that is available to recognize all those levels? If we are successful, We will have the ultimate control of the chair. You can make it do all sort of things like program it to dance ;) I am only joking of course. It problably means that you even have access to the processors, heat sensors & other restrictive features of the chair.
Attachments
ghidra linx access up to 7 levels of access.jpg
arun.asan@ymail.com

Postby Burgerman » 23 Dec 2020, 14:37

We already have those same access levels in the dynamic software we use on the pre linx stuff. The hard bit is getting it to allow it on linx...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Lord Chatterley » 30 Dec 2020, 05:01

Does anyone in the UK have a LiNX access key for the Dynamic?

LC
Lord Chatterley

Postby Burgerman » 30 Dec 2020, 05:52

Invacare UK must have. They just deny it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Lord Chatterley » 30 Dec 2020, 06:24

Burgerman wrote:Invacare UK must have. They just deny it.

I'd rather pay a few quid to hire one for a week from someone on this board than pay a powerchair retailer for their geniuses to adjust the settings.

LC
Lord Chatterley

Postby rover220 » 30 Dec 2020, 06:47

Burgerman wrote:Invacare UK must have. They just deny it.

invacare do, they dont deny it exists but will not let you have one.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 30 Dec 2020, 11:58

Theres an email here from a member of the forum that states that invacare said that "even they dont have one"...
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10121#p165224

I have made inquiries to Invacare about this and they have replied as follows:

“The HKEY02 is not available for purchase, we at Invacare UK don’t have one as it is not necessary for the modifications permitted in the program”
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby arun.asan@ymail.com » 03 Jan 2021, 21:00

Finally its Here GALS and GUYS. We have OEM ACCESS :)
Here is the link to get access to the patch for the LINX ACCESS by using just your DEALER version of the key: https://linxoemaccess.weebly.com/

Please note that this is only a 32bit system. Hope that the 64bit system will be released soon.
Attachments
OEM Drive limits.png
Power Module OEM settings.png
Core Features OEM.png
arun.asan@ymail.com

Postby arun.asan@ymail.com » 03 Jan 2021, 21:49

LROBBINS wrote:It's compiled hex code, but before one can use it or modify it you'd have to know (1) what programming language was used, (2) which compiler and linker are used, (3) what computer the system has, and (4) whether an in-service-programmer is available for that computer. Way beyond my knowledge too, but someone out there in the wide world of computer hackers should be able to do it.

The Linx OEM is finally available :) I patched it myself. Here is the link where you can purchase it if you need it : https://linxoemaccess.weebly.com/
arun.asan@ymail.com

Postby arun.asan@ymail.com » 03 Jan 2021, 21:57

rover220 wrote:certainly looks promising but well above my head :lol:

It sure is. Here is the link to the patched software: https://linxoemaccess.weebly.com/ I patched this myself.
arun.asan@ymail.com

Postby steves1977uk » 03 Jan 2021, 22:13

Why not share it for free? :eh: The hardware is expensive as it is! :fencing

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby arun.asan@ymail.com » 03 Jan 2021, 22:25

I spent many hours on this patch and also hired an expert to help me.
arun.asan@ymail.com

Postby Burgerman » 03 Jan 2021, 23:55

Think I will stick to R-Net...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 04 Jan 2021, 00:50

242 euro.

Steep that.
rover220

Postby rover220 » 04 Jan 2021, 00:52

Do you guarantee that patch works even if linx and lak software updates?
rover220

Postby arun.asan@ymail.com » 04 Jan 2021, 12:10

At the moment the software works with version 6.10 I will bring the price down too to make it more affordable. So far no issues with the Lak key updates. Any problems please report & I will deal with them ASAP.
arun.asan@ymail.com

Postby arun.asan@ymail.com » 04 Jan 2021, 12:25

Great news. I have reduced the price to just 121 Euros in total. I hope that this is more affordable for everyone. I know that some of you want it for free. If this is the case, I have no problem doing it, if someone can donate the 400 euros spent on research & development. This is such a small market, I dont even know if I will make even 1 sale. Independents is very important to me as it is for each person on this forum. Personally just because a person has a disability, it never should mean that he or she gets everything for free. I do agree that often prices are set way to high for everything disability related and this I am not a fan of. I hope that the new price is more affordable. Please report any issues that you come across while using the new patch. Install instructions are ready & ready to send the product out to anyone who needs this software & ability to modify the chair to their needs.
arun.asan@ymail.com

Postby Burgerman » 04 Jan 2021, 14:17

Since this is a thing you will only use infrequently, often years apart, as a personal user we would need to know what happens with updated firmware or software versions. No point paying out lots of money to find it dorsent work in 6 months. And you are nowhere to be found. Then what?

Plus many of us here already do stuff for free as a community. I have driven across the country to program someones chair a few times in the past. And run this site for free. Takes a few hundred a year, and hundreds of hours.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LearnerDriver » 04 Jan 2021, 22:11

arun.asan@ymail.com I also order the HKEY-02 from the same company. I got a message back saying that they couldn’t supply it and it was a mistake. When I spoke to them they did mention that they had sent a HKEY-01 to someone instead of the HKEY-02 they had ordered.

It looks like you and I have been going down the same route. You are a bit further ahead than me. I will stop my investigations now that you have cracked it.

I am still on the hunt for the genuine HKEY-02 though just because it’s a challenge.
LearnerDriver - New to all of this but keen to learn so please be gentle.
LearnerDriver

Postby LearnerDriver » 04 Jan 2021, 22:22

Burgerman, I have to agree with you on the forum. My wife and I used to run one and it all came out of our own pocket.

arun.asan@ymail.com for the greater good of the wheelchair community you need to go a little more underground with your fix for the LiNX system so that Invacare don’t know what’s happening and try to fix it.
LearnerDriver

Postby steves1977uk » 04 Jan 2021, 23:31

Plus many of us here already do stuff for free as a community.

Same here BM, I re-program chairs for free to help others out. I never ask for £££$$$'s unless the user wants to pay for my help. :thumbup:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Lord Chatterley » 05 Jan 2021, 07:12

A GoFundMe option might be worth exploring - people on this board have different incomes - he shouldn't be out of pocket for providing a useful service to someone with money to spare.

LC
Lord Chatterley

Postby Burgerman » 05 Jan 2021, 09:01

I look at things like this as more of a personal challenge. Rather than a business. Since he aready knows that its never going to be a profitable enterprise, and will sell in very small numbers. Just because he can*.

The reason for doing it is because there are a few users such as myself who wouldnt dream of buying any chair that we didnt have OEM or better access. And maybe arun.asan@ymail.com think the same. Along with a few others are pissed off that the manufacturers are not allowing us the chance to properly access the parameters that we need to make a chair work properly for us. Or maybe a few soccer chair players, or DIY chair builders need it for motor compensation settings. Or lithium battery settings. Or we cant fit different motors at some point with higher/lower impedance etc..

And that is unfair. It wouldnt surprise me if the manufacturer wasnt actually behind this*. Why?
They certainly do like to leak certain things unofficially so that those that insist like me, can get actually get access. And the price reduces this to those that REALLY need it. If only to stop bad press on forums like this to prevent repeated advice being to get R-Net instead!

Because they dont want to be seen promoting the ability to access "dangerous" or warranty destroying, or stability/ legislation breaking settings. It takes responsibility out of their hands. And puts them in the same position as their competitors. Seeing as I and others keep telling potential buyers of this system, (and chairs with it fitted), to buy their main competitors chairs / systems instead. And to run away from any system that we cant ever set up properly with no OEM or better access. Remember the girl on here doing a "survey" on Linx systems on here a few months back? Almost everyone replied that they were not interested without OEM or better access in programming.

I dont know that this is the case. And it probably isnt.

In which case its their own fault that people crack or defeat their systems considering that they refuse to sell to us -- the very people that need it! Its inevitable at some point and their own stupid fault. We would pay, and they refuse to let us. Either way its an option if you are stuck with this system. Until it becomes a reliable option, such as it works with all updated hardware and software, I will still be sticking to r-net. Although dynamic dont do that many updates going by the previous systems. And I am not sure about profiteering by basically selling a crack to use Dynamics own software. That wouldnt be the moral reason for doing it. Maybe to cover basic costs such as Woodygb does with cables etc. But not huge figures.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby arun.asan@ymail.com » 05 Jan 2021, 11:36

i would like to you give the product free of charge but unfortunately i invested lot of money on it to higher an engineer who aided in research & development. So I really apologies for not being able to accept your request. Finally, if you need the product you have to pay some money. Like all of you, I have spent a lot of money trying to solve this through official channels & I decided to high someone. The aim by offering a price on the product was to add value & of course to recover some of my expenses spent. If I conducted the work myself & higher no one, of course I will give it out for free. Its there if you want it. If not, Thats too;) What I will do now is take it off line and anyone that wants it, can get it off me through a pm message & I will send payment information. Its better to be underground.
arun.asan@ymail.com

Postby Burgerman » 05 Jan 2021, 11:50

Well its better if its underground, at a sensible price reflecting the non official nature with no garantee of it continuing to work. But you did tell me that you did it yourself and that the person you hired did not do it. Its better that there is some way to access OEM etc than not. It proves it can be done. You can obviously charge whatever you wish. But without any guarantees of continued access maybe over decades, I am not sure how many will buy. I think its better to sell lots at a lower price than almost non at a high price. But, your choice!

Finally. At last I managed to patch the software. A lot of hours I put into this project & also money too. I hired a person from upwork to help me. At the end though I patched it before he even sent me a sample of his work. Of course I still have to pay him for his efforts. He was very kind to help me by taking the project on.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LearnerDriver » 05 Jan 2021, 12:41

arun.asan@ymail.com I sent you a PM.
LearnerDriver

PreviousNext

Return to Anything