UK Top Fuel drag racing - girls...

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

UK Top Fuel drag racing - girls...

Postby Burgerman » 31 Mar 2021, 21:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJGijrDtCek

Well worth a look if you have 20 mins to spare. The UK top fuel drag racing scene seems to have a lot of pretty drivers... Some starting at 17 years old. And running 300mph quarter miles in 3 secs.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: UK Top Fuel drag racing - girls...

Postby expresso » 31 Mar 2021, 22:20

nice - my Mechanic thats a friend races funny cars - he was the only one that i let work on my car - which he sent me a AD on ebay someone selling the same car bidding at 30,000 now - i wanted him to buy it from me - he wished he did now
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Arima » 01 Apr 2021, 19:05

Puntang shows up around the 6 minute mark:) Switching to 1000ft seems to have served the sport well. Not sure why some folks call it 1/8 mile. Everyone scoffed at it when they started to make the change but of course those people were not paying for the parts. We used to be able to get that close to the track and in the pits back in the early 80's. Now everything is roped off and the drivers sit at a table speed signing autographs and hawking shirts and hats. Maybe I'll go this year. For some strange reason the drags always coincided with the unlimited hydroplane races on the same weekend late August. Hydros in Seattle was always been bigger than car racing. Lots if bikini puntang at the boat races!
Thxs
Arima

Postby Burgerman » 01 Apr 2021, 21:24

Top fuel and funny cars sometimes run the full quarter at santa pod. And in australia. It was originally shortened as a temp safety measure. I think it kind of ruins it. Gone looking for that 6 minute mark!

EDIT. And the 11 minute mark for the fastest and prettyist!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Arima » 02 Apr 2021, 05:25

I think a lot of hardcore racers like you feel the same way.

Someone got killed if I remember right. Not the kind of thing you want 12 and 14 year old kids to see on prime time tv in the middle of Saturday afternoon. Hard for manufactures with stickers all over the car to sell parts after that kind of thing happens.
Thxs
Arima

Return to Anything