photo of my room.

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

photo of my room.

Postby Burgerman » 11 Jul 2021, 19:42

Theres a lot going on here! Can yyou tell I am bored.

Lets start at the bottom. Carpet tiles. Industrial. Whole ground floor is either dark grey or black ceramic or carpet tiles. Why? Because when I spill glue/paint or a wheeclhair wears out certain spots then I just replace a handful of tiles. And I got 10 spare boxes of them when I did the downstairs...

Far left, close to camera, is a tilt table. In light brown and black paint overspray. It doubles up as my workbench. On the end of that nearer the bed is a 30A charger. That silver thing with heavy cables. That is set up to charge in parallel to balance up the batteries on lead chairs. And is used overnight and a bit longer.

Between that tilt table, and my heavy duty 4 foot wide electric bed, is one of THREE patient hoists/lifts that the NHS said I had to have, in spite of my protests! Obviously the NHS has more money than sense since these are around 2K each. 2 spare unused ones are in the garage where a man comes to service/test them on a lucrative NHS contract every 3 months. Obviously they all pass as 2 of them have never been used...

In front of that is a black fan. You really wouldnt believe why thats there. But you will in a minute. When swapping a conveen, my penis gets washed by me. You cannot stick a fresh one on unless its TOTALLY dry. So towel, fan, waft in airflow :D And its infra red remote, so I can steer it too. (the fan)...

On the bed my THREE new super expensive laptops. I only needed 1. Long story. Later! And a grabber. And another grabber hanging off the beds monkey pole mount/thing too. Those things are invaluable 30 times a day.

In the distance. 2 quadcopters. On top of the huge black printer. One sat on top of the other. On the window a green cross. Because stupid pidgeons keep commiting suicide at very high speed into that window. 2 or 3 a month. They end up dead on the ground outside. Why? Beats me. But when it happens it scares the living shit out of me. Sudden and very loud.

Above on ceiling is a 25 year old PULSE JET powered Delta. Its mostly noise powered. Spits flames. Good for several hundred MPH and perforated eardrums. Its upside down.

On my bench a PC with a 55 inch OLED monitor. Its quite mesmerising.

Under the bench on the right. A grey eBay cheap Oxygen concentrator. Makes 6 litres a minute of 90 to 95% oxygen. Why? You never know! Better to have than not.

On the bench my blue 4x4 RC defender crawler with vid camera and goggles and several miles of range...

On the right side near the camera, a VICE on my bench, and a Q700R chair and a 24V 50A shirley ZXD charger...

And in front of that on the wall is a C02 extinguisher, and another grabber.

Far right near camera is a pillar drill. Unseen behind the chair is a lathe. And a comprehensive tool chest.
Attachments
room1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: photo of my room.

Postby Burgerman » 11 Jul 2021, 19:46

My PC monitor.

OLED and huge 4K screen. And a standard can of orange and a full sized keyboard with number pad. For scale.
Attachments
oled-orange.jpg
oled-55.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby biscuit » 13 Jul 2021, 09:53

On the window a green cross. Because stupid pidgeons keep commiting suicide at very high speed into that window. 2 or 3 a month. They end up dead on the ground outside. Why? Beats me. But when it happens it scares the living shit out of me.

The suicide birds are attacking their reflections, that is why they do that. I put static clings on my window to stop them. The garage back wall has a big window, now also marked with clings as the light at the end of the tunnel makes the birds think they can fly right through the garage so they smash into the back window.
biscuit

Postby biscuit » 13 Jul 2021, 10:06

A grey eBay cheap Oxygen concentrator. Makes 6 litres a minute of 90 to 95% oxygen. Why? You never know! Better to have than not.

Not worthwhile at all as you need about 6l per breath iirc. I have a note somewhere in my phone where I did the arithmetic (badly) in 2020, as I was thinking of getting one of those.
biscuit

Postby Burgerman » 13 Jul 2021, 11:08

You may think that.

But when you breath in you dont do deep breaths. Unless you are running a 800 meter sprint. And only do a few breaths per minute when relaxed maybe 10 breaths. And 79% of what you breath is useless nitrogen.

Whats known as relaxed tidal volume (the actual amount you breathe in/out) is 0.5 litres. Not 5 litres! And of that half litre only 1/5th (21%) is oxygen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lung_volumes

If I stick that tube in my mouth and ONLY breath the oxygen, then its almost enough. But after around 1 minute or so you need to take a deeper breath to be comfortable. Remember that its almost pure oxygen. So theres 5x as much oxygen as there is in the air. So you dont need as much. 5X less in fact. So 5 litres of it, is the same as 25 lites of air.

So when used with a mask, it realistically ups your oxygen levels from 21% in the atmosphere to around 45 to 55% in oxygen density. So it makes a huge difference. IF you need it. If your saturation levels are already 90% or so then it will not make any difference. If its lower because you are struggling to breath (happens to me with spasm for a minute or so now and again) then it means you need far less breath to get adequate oxygen.

You dont want pure oxygen anyway. Its bad or can be for your lungs. And can make your breathing or oxygenation worse. You want to increase the percentage only. 5 litres is about the max you should use long periods. 4 is the recommended max.

Removes hangovers in around 3 mins!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 13 Jul 2021, 11:33

From the NHS website regarding suplemental oxygen machines.

Note that when a nasal cannula is used for oxygen, the liter flow number will be set between 1 and 6 liters. When the dial is set at 1 liter, 24 percent oxygen is being delivered. For each increase in the number on the flow meter dial, the amount of oxygen delivered increases by 4 percent. If the flow meter is set at 2 liters, the oxygen delivered goes up to 28 percent. The highest level of liters allowed is 6 and delivers 44 percent oxygen.

6 litres per minute means that you more than doubled the 21% in the air to 44% for the average user. Thats a massive difference if you are needing more saturation.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Anything