Win 10 crack ?

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Re: Win 10 crack ?

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2021, 20:22

Burgerman wrote:And gigabytes reputation for smoke.

reviews are good - i have one now - been fine for 8 years - they all have there issues now and then - asus no different - you can find bad and good reviews for all the brands even MSI - some swear by them - they have no issues so its good

others have an issue so its bad -

beats having a little fan at 8K driving you nuts - and VRM fan also - then have to take it apart to clean them - what good is a quiet pc then hear those fans - little fans are the worst
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby steves1977uk » 16 Aug 2021, 20:48

That's true for the older Gigabyte boards expresso, the newer ones have QA issues. I had a Z390 UD and the BIOS was buggy as hell, needless to say it ended up in the bin (trash). So be careful what you buy.

ASUS is your best bet if you want a good experience.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2021, 20:50

done deal -

dont want the little fans on the board - too much noise those little things - most reviews i seen are Pos. can some be bad - sure - like everything else -

i think this MB will give me the best chances of getting off to a good start - and quiet - we shall see -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 16 Aug 2021, 21:19

And no fans on the m/board chipset. So they are gona get hot. They have to do to start transfering heat. Thats how passive heat sinks work... But dont worry there will not be anywhere you can see that hot temperature on screen so its will be fine :clap Sorry couldnt help it.

The board itself looks pretty good. Not sure about the bios setting though. ASUS are really good. Although in depth and complex. So... Maybe better with that board. As long as no smoke. And plenty of bios updates. That seems essential with AMD cpus/boards...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 16 Aug 2021, 21:44

Passively cooled chipsets (especially AMD) do run hot, sometimes even burning the tip of your finger if you touch it. But don't panic expresso, they're meant to run hot like CPUs. :mrgreen: No trying to get that under 70C.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby steves1977uk » 16 Aug 2021, 21:56

Also just found this... https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments ... aorus_pro/ But hopefully you don't experience USB issues. Keep your Intel setup as a backup.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2021, 22:15

steves1977uk wrote:Also just found this... https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments ... aorus_pro/ But hopefully you don't experience USB issues. Keep your Intel setup as a backup.

Steve

8 months ago - been long fixed with update -
expresso

Postby steves1977uk » 16 Aug 2021, 22:38

Wrong. Even with the latest AGESA people are still reporting issues. The only way AMD can fix this is by launching the 600 series chipset and Ryzen 7000 series CPUs without the buggy USB power draw issue.

Gigabytes reddit page... https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comme ... _released/ The USB issue is still present unfortunately. :thumbdown:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 16 Aug 2021, 22:44

I predict that this thread will last years! cheers
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2021, 22:45

ok if it dosnt work - i come to your house and plug it in your usb port :thumbup: :lol:

everyone looks at the worst of things - trust me - if you look for a problem - you will find it on all brands boards chips etc, many others i know run AMD - didnt have issues - dont have them now either

does that mean - i wont - no - it is what it is

i am not worried -
expresso

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2021, 22:47

Burgerman wrote:I predict that this thread will last years! cheers

nah - if your tired of me asking things - just let me know -

time for a beer cheers
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 16 Aug 2021, 22:50

I am not tired. But you never read the answers. And so keep on repeating nonsense. So from now on only one liners. Details, logic, reason matters. But you dont care, its more about how you personally feel aparently. So I give up with proper explanations as theres no point is there.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 16 Aug 2021, 22:54

expresso wrote:ok if it dosnt work - i come to your house and plug it in your usb port :thumbup: :lol:

Sure you can, and all your USB devices will work here just fine expresso. All my PC's are Intel based. :thumbup:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 16 Aug 2021, 23:06

Not that it will sink in, and you wont read it but heres why having lots of slow cpu cores is worse almost all of the time than having fewer fast cores.

Unless I run benchmarks THIS is what I see.
Here on my laptop I have 4 cores. I am in the process of compressing the C drive, and making a backup. I set compression high. That works the CPU hard. But the software Macrium Reflect (and all the other backup programs, and the majority of all programs) at best use 1 or 2 threads.

So here I have thread 0 running maxed out and causing this process to take around 30 mins. While only one other thread is at around 45%. All the rest of that CPU and all the other threads are all but unused.

So my old 2 core CPU in another laptop, with hyperthreading OFF does this same backup 3 times faster. Having many slow cores is worse than having a few fast cores. And thats what we are looking at. For the vast majority of tasks on a desktop PC 2 to 4 cores is as many as you want, and a high frequency is better. Unless you are running a server or workstation many cores actually costs performance.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2021, 23:07

look at the Pos of things - do you want a little fan screaming at 6K - everyone complains about that with the other boards - but that OK - ? its a personal choice - i made a choice based on what i feel will be good for me - for a few reasons - you may not like my reasons -

whats the point of having a Quiet PC - thats the goal - one at least - then have two fans screaming - then i have to take it apart - clean it - put it back - thats not what i want - if everyone was the same - and though like you only - there be only one item to choose from - because you say its the best one -

but for who - - everyone has there reasons - thats one - 2nd - in the event of the bios needing updating - having the bios update - will make it easier if i had to use it - But i bet - i wont have to - i will do it as is first - if it dosnt boot - then i update it -

whats the harm in getting something that fits my needs rather than yours or your logic - its almost funny - - helping me is one thing but going on and on about all the Neg. dosnt help at all - so everyone in the world who got something different from you - has bad logic - dosnt work - wont work - will have issues

maybe i will have issues - not the end of the world - open up and explore the rest of the world around you - racing horses only see one way - straight ahead - they have one goal - but are blind to everything else around them -

we all good :thumbup: i be back with questions i am sure - will take me a year to figure it out - all new to me - things have changed alot since i was INTO it - i am not into it that way anymore - its fun - i tinker with it i am sure - but i am not gun set on every little nook and cranny - its going to work fine - quiet cool and faster than what i have now -

all Pos
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 16 Aug 2021, 23:14

I absolutely agree. My chipset has no fans. I only have 140mm ones that turn slow. The chipset runs super hot. Way more than your 60 or 70 degrees... And thats perfectly fine. As it is with your CPU. Designed that way. Will you be freaking out if your chipset runs at 90C? :clap

This is what I mean about your lack of logic. You make no sense. You have no reasons for anything. I asked and asked why but you cant answer. Just that you like things without understanding anything about them...

maybe i will have issues - not the end of the world - open up and explore the rest of the world around you - racing horses only see one way - straight ahead - they have one goal - but are blind to everything else around them -

Sorry but I see everything and understand everything around me. My desire for knowledge since a child never changed. I see everything clearly and how everything works and fits together. Including non computer/chair stuff. Everything. Its you thats looking at everything through a keyhole and seeing and understanding little about it on purpose.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2021, 23:20

Burgerman wrote:Not that it will sink in, and you wont read it but heres why having lots of slow cpu cores is worse almost all of the time than having fewer fast cores.

Unless I run benchmarks THIS is what I see.
Here on my laptop I have 4 cores. I am in the process of compressing the C drive, and making a backup. I set compression high. That works the CPU hard. But the software Macrium Reflect (and all the other backup programs, and the majority of all programs) at best use 1 or 2 threads.

So hear I have thread 0 running maxed out and causing this process to take around 30 mins. While only one other thread is at around 45%. All the rest of that CPU and all the other threads are all but unused.

So my old 2 core CPU in another laptop, with hyperthreading OFF does this same backup 3 times faster. Having many slow cores is worse than having a few fast cores. And thats what we are looking at. For the vast majority of tasks on a desktop PC 2 to 4 cores is as many as you want, and a high frequency is better. Unless you are running a server or workstation many cores actually costs performance.

Great - dosnt matter to me - why didnt you keep your old 2 core CPU and be fine with that since its all you need - again you pick a color you like - i dont i may pick another - or car - dosnt matter if your car is faster or better at this or that - i like mustangs - you may like Chevy - or pintos - what ever -

can someone just buy what they like and just deal with it - if asked a question about it - just advise and help with the question - that would be helping - - you could always say you should have done this or done that - that can go on for ever with anything - what did you eat ? anything good - i can say its not good for you what you eat or ate - you should have had something else - its better -

but you like what you like and eat what you want - even if its not better for you -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 16 Aug 2021, 23:24

I have kept it.

As for the rest of that I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I was merely trying to show why many cores is no real benefit on a desktop machine for most of the time. But aparently you dont understand. I am not advising anything. Knowledge is power. I posted it to educate. I have many CPUs. Single, dual, 4 core hyperthreading or otherwise. All are overkill in most situations on a desktop and I couldnt care less what you buy!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2021, 23:25

chips usually run hotter in general - i couldnt care less how hot there are

the fans spinning at 8K is annoying - that was one of the reasons i changed MB - having the bios flashback - is peace of mind for me - since i dont know everything - is there a home near you for sale - i like to move right next to you - and get that 23K and a free chair also - thats a great deal
expresso

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2021, 23:30

Burgerman wrote:I have kept it.

As for the rest of that I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I was merely trying to show why many cores is no real benefit on a desktop machine for most of the time. But aparently you dont understand. I am not advising anything. Knowledge is power. I posted it to educate. I have many CPUs. Single, dual, 4 core hyperthreading or otherwise. All are overkill in most situations on a desktop and I couldnt care less what you buy!

you know i love you guys right - how can i not - learning something every day - i just ordered my pasta - they left off the cheese - now they have to send it again with the cheese - - when hungry i get a bit edgy - after i eat with wine - i be ok -

i forgive you :D
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 16 Aug 2021, 23:31

chips usually run hotter in general - i couldnt care less how hot there are

Your CPU is simply a chip. And yesterday you did care! :clap This is the complete illogic that frustrates me. You must have REASONS for opinions and beliefs or it makes zero sense.

Yes feel free to move here. You would get the same benefits etc as everyone else. Except that theres are complex rules you must comply with to move here. As there is if I move there. Unless you are brown, black or african and come here illegally. Then no rules apply. They house you in fancy hotels and give you free money.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2021, 23:39

the CPU i was talking about that i care about 90C

the chipset - i care also but i know those things always run hot - you should care about chip set temp also - i should have good Air from the front fan going over it - i will check the temps i am sure and adjust according - if i need another fan to blow on the board - i add one

if i feel its oK - i leave it

i will paint myself then - so i get free everything -
expresso

Postby steves1977uk » 17 Aug 2021, 00:01

Why should you care about how hot the chipset gets? It's meant to run warm/hot, unless you want to stick your PC in a freezer! I don't worry about all my MB chipset temps, if it's working fine at 90C+ then leave it be!

You obsess about temps too much expresso, and then mod things unneccessarily. My CPU reached 100C! :o and it still works fine today because they throttle down to protect themselves. Even Carey Holzman did a video where he installed Windows fresh on a MB WITHOUT any cooling and it installed fine.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 17 Aug 2021, 00:07

the CPU i was talking about that i care about 90C

Why?

The CPU is just another chip. Transistors. They are all the same. Bigger, smaller all just chips.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 17 Aug 2021, 00:53

i am very happy for you steve - glad your good with 100C -

enjoy it - hows the weather there ?

been cloudy here lately - alot of rain almost daily at some point in the days - kind of humid
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 17 Aug 2021, 01:53

i am very happy for you steve - glad your good with 100C -

Why wouldnt he be? Its not like he is hot. And the chip doesent care...

This is what I dont get. Your logic is completely missing! The chip/cpu dont have feelings.

Yes weather is great but too hot. Had cold beer well many cold beers. cheers
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 17 Aug 2021, 02:05

will do - doctors orders cheers
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 17 Aug 2021, 02:12

I know you dont like facts or reading them if it disagrees with your feelings but direct from AMD should convince you.
AMD view 95C as typical and BY DESIGN. They perform better because of it. And its "just another day at the beach" according to AMD.

Its not 1980. I think they dont actually throttle till above 105C. And thats still safe.

You should read this very carefully as it relates to coolers and your new setup. So dont be surprised to see 90 or more in an itx case. And thats FINE!!!

https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-views-ryzen ... by-design/
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 17 Aug 2021, 02:33

i read enough about this many years ago - i know they are good up to 95C

it does affect performance - hotter it gets - the less you may reach in a OC - cooler the better -

many have be stuck at a certain OC because of heat - once the heat is addressed - either a better cooler - AIO - etc, - they were able to OC more -

yes heat does affect electronic components -but you know this - you should know better - it may not affect me - i wont be OC extreme or not at all - it should be fine with the cooler i am getting

yes i am aware of a small itx setup - reason i went for the 64 Watt chip - smaller cases etc, - better chance of heat build up - but dosnt matter according to you - let it burn - its fine -

a car is rated to do 150mph - do it all the time or often - things will wear out faster - you know that - banghead

i love this - we have a long winter ahead -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 17 Aug 2021, 03:41

But we are not in a car. Or doing 150mph.

Yes its possible to get a few extra cycles in frequency if you are radically pushing the overclocking limits by really cooling the CPU. Even chilling it with nitrogen if its that important to get the last few cycles from it. But you are not doing that. If you did, you would lose more than you gained from having a PC set up like a 4 year old did it...

The junction temperature is not the surface. The material its made from, silicone, is not a good heat conductor. Even if you used liquid nitrogen, at max overclock the junction temprature will STILL be 95C. The point where it throttles remains the limit. And its perfectly safe.

Who ever heard of a CPU "wearing out"? Its not got anything to wear. I have a box of old ones. They all work perfectly! As do 99.99% of every one ever made. With inadequate colles full of dust and no temp throttling protection either!

Your analogy about driving a car at 150mph makes no sense at all. Theres no moving parts in your CPU other than electrons. And those are not subject to wear like your car. The same ones are billions of years old. In extreme overclock/overvoltage situations you CAN damage the thing, and make it get worse over time even at low temperatures by migration of atoms. You wont be doing any of that. Theres nothing to wear at normal loads and voltages even at normal overclock settings you can do in some ham fisted way at home. And no damage at all below 100+C or so, even in extreme testing over many years on silicone. This stuff is very well understood. Been tested to death by chip manufacturers for 50 years. And by AMD who manufacture them.

The reason I posted that link is to show you that AMD agree with me. And not with you. And they should know!

Question. Did you actually read that link I just posted, or not? The AMD company specifically stated that 95C is perfectly normal and expected. And that it will cause no decrease in lifespan, and no throttling, and was specifically designed that way to allow better performance and more efficient heat removal.

You are begining to sound rediculous.
Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything