Hey, who broke the internet?

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hey, who broke the internet?

Postby biscuit » 04 Oct 2021, 22:32

:( Now I can't make WhatsApp calls. :thumbdown:
biscuit

Re: Hey, who broke the internet?

Postby Gnomatic » 04 Oct 2021, 22:41

Facebook was attacked by hackers, taking it offline. Since Instagram and WhatsApp are owned by Facebook, they were targeted too.
Gnomatic

Postby LROBBINS » 05 Oct 2021, 10:10

LROBBINS

Postby Burgerman » 05 Oct 2021, 10:34

Cant say I much care or would notice! I do not do any "social media". They were invented as a way to make money out of the millions that had a computer in the dining room and didnt know why. And now transfered to phones... I have no idea what they are for or why anyone would want to waste time or energy on them. Not to mention they are all run by lefty woke planet saving greenies. Anything posted by anyone that disagrees with their lefty viewpoint and they are hitler. And get shut down. Youtube is now the same way.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby biscuit » 05 Oct 2021, 13:53

I tried to get away from WhatsApp, and so did many other people I know, but there are people I care about who only know about the very mainest of the mainstream, e.g. WhatsApp.

I ran around after it for quite a while until I thought, I'm being led by the nose here, I'll rather pick my own battles and how much inconvenience I endure in the effort not to encounter advertising / have the boring details computers know of their lives passed on from computer to computer. So now I use WhatsApp and Zoom as they're needed to keep contact with far away friends and family.

I know and no longer care that my mobile eavesdrops on my actual conversations, despite the checkboxes that I have ticked at various times that said "Tick here if you do not want your mobile phone to spy on you" or whatever other words they used. And don't even get me started about my time waster of a PC, which at least has no microphone, but also stole untold hours of my life until I stopped trying to fix its problems for it.
biscuit

Postby Gnomatic » 05 Oct 2021, 16:18

Could be. When reports first emerged yesterday is was reported that hacking groups targeted FB etc. Can't say I was too bothered. My only disappointment was the outage didn't last longer. :lol:
Gnomatic

Return to Anything