COVID 2022

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

COVID 2022

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jan 2022, 02:55

Omicron spread like wildfire in the UK. And nobody is getting ill from it. The gov anounced that face masks and tests in schools now finished. And all restrictions ended. Because on top of it only making the non vaccinated ill, and a tiny few others that are usually already suffering other related issues it is in retreat.

I have a carer here earlier that tested positive 2 days back. She cant tell. And I likely have it too now. I cant tell either. These booster jabs are working rather well.

Theres almost no restriction in place here really now at all and the level of infection has climbed out of all proportion. Those tested were mostly suffering no symtoms. Nobody here really cares any more.

So its all over folks. Well here in the UK at least.

What about where you live?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: COVID 2022

Postby LROBBINS » 20 Jan 2022, 12:05

Omicron is receding in Italy as well, but still slowly. There are more hospitalizations, ICU recoveries and deaths each day, but many fewer than even a week ago. Those who get ill are mostly unvaccinated (mostly anti-vaxxers, but some who have medical conditions that preclude vaccination), or with complicating conditions (Burgerman-style overweight, old, diabetes, compromised immune system etc.). Giving up all mitigation measures as Great Britain is doing still seems risky to me - as long as the virus is around new variants WILL appear and not all of them will be as benign as omicron has been. Seems to me just a case of Boris trying to save his political a--.

The situation in the U.S. seems mixed: omicron is on the way out in states that have pushed vaccination and social distancing, but still around and much more lethal in the Trumpist states that have resisted vaccines and in some cases even banned social distancing measures.
LROBBINS

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jan 2022, 19:46

New variants are a possibility. But we are over 90% vaxxed here. And mostly all 3...

Everyone pretty much that gets it seems unaware. Unless tested. Doctors at hospitals are saying that most are pesenting with a sore throat that has nothing to do with the virus. Its turned into something that has infected more than 1 in 10 in this country. And the numbers dying FROM IT are almost insignificant. The numbers recorded as corona deaths is wildly incorrect. Since if you test positive, and die withinn a 28 day period of anything at all, like hit by a bus, you are a covid death...

The deaths and hospitalisations are falling. And the infections are and have been increasing to huge levels. And even those are now dropping.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 20 Jan 2022, 21:35

COVID is controlled and almost 100% deactivated in Spain.
However, the official reality is different.
There are people making money with the virus and...
martin007

Postby Arima » 21 Jan 2022, 04:15

Last week it was reported the National Guard would be mobilized to help with the covid surge. This week ICU's are breathing a sigh of relief the surge never happened. Mask and at home test are the most popular ad's at the moment.
Thxs
Arima

Postby Burgerman » 21 Jan 2022, 20:23

Ads? What are they? Not seen one in a decade.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Arima » 22 Jan 2022, 04:22

That is a good question. If I check out Yahoo the ads are listed as if they are articles to be read. I call them advertisements. Like the one below...mask are now "stylish".

Ads.JPG

Meanwhile I bought an Airfryer, the first meal cooked was very edible. Chicken thighs, taters, broccoli and onions.
Attachments
IMG_20220121_182556972.jpg
Thxs
Arima

Postby sacharlie » 22 Jan 2022, 05:49

Looks delicious Arima. Is that cooked all together at the same time?
sacharlie

Postby Burgerman » 22 Jan 2022, 07:47

That is a good question. If I check out Yahoo the ads are listed as if they are articles to be read. I call them advertisements. Like the one below...mask are now "stylish".

Stylish, hidden or marked as ads or sponsored content, sponsored links, ads embeded in content or video is all the same to me. I do not see ANY of it. My adblocker totally removes them.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Arima » 23 Jan 2022, 00:19

sacharlie wrote:Looks delicious Arima. Is that cooked all together at the same time?
Unfortunately no not all at the same time...I'm not a great cook but this airfryer thing doesn't care. Just salt and pepper and the chicken is fantastic. My cooker is only 3qt (or 3 liter). And everything cooks for a different length of time. I did veggies first, then chicken and last potatoes. Onions got a little over charred but I like that.

Burgerman wrote:
Stylish, hidden or marked as ads or sponsored content, sponsored links, ads embeded in content or video is all the same to me. I do not see ANY of it. My adblocker totally removes them.

In the past when I used an ad blocker it blocked things I wanted to see. And installed some widgets I didn't want. However I did just buy another 10yr old desktop to update for a gaming machine. Think I'm going to try LTSC on it after getting a new ssd. Which ad blocker do you recommend?
Thxs
Arima

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jan 2022, 00:23

The only one that works properly! Firefox + uBlock Origin.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby REPARACIÓN SILLAS » 24 Jan 2022, 00:07

Good, good here in Argentina the covid-19 hit hard at the beginning when there were no vaccines available and serious rulers. Over time and with a large part of the population with 2 and 3 doses of the vaccines, mortality obviously decreased a lot and with the Omicron variant, a large part of the population already suffers from it and a large part are irresponsible by not complying with the period of isolation, leaving also a small percentage that did not apply any dose.
My wife and I have the 3 doses (2 first from AstraZeneca and 3 from Pfizer), our children, the eldest who works with me contracted Covid-19 20 days ago, was isolated for 11 days (2 Sputnik doses) and the least (2 doses AstraZeneca).
We'll see how this endless story continues...
Siempre aprendiendo y brindando soluciones!.
REPARACIÓN SILLAS

Postby Burgerman » 24 Jan 2022, 10:21

As the omicron strain takes over, (it spreads much faster, but does less damage) then basically its becomes like a sore throat and a hangover. The only ones dying of covid (FROM covid) in the UK now are those that are already weak/old and unvaccinated. So now its just like the flu. Or less than that. The same will likely happen to you.

In this country on the 29th of this month ALL restrictions are ended. Back to normal. And its already like that as nobody cares any more.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby HiltonP » 25 Jan 2022, 14:52

Here in South Africa this whole COVID thing has been a mixed bag.

Thusfar we have had 6 friends and acquaintances die since it first appeared in March 2020. None of them had co-morbidities although two would have been considered old (but certainly not frail). Others have been hospitalised, including one friend who spent 70 days in a local hospital.

We have been through the first and second phases of vaccination (J&J and Pfizer) and are presently beginning with the first phase of boosters. I am scheduled for my booster in February/March.

The first variant of COVID took our first three friends, and third phase took the other three. That third phase really knocked over a lot of people here.

The Omnicron variant is spreading rapidly, though as mentioned, it does not appear to be as dangerous (touch wood!). Infection rates are high, but hospitalisations are under control.

Unfortunately what is a problem is a general lack of commitment from the population towards vaccination. The majority here just simply don't seem to want vaccinations, not entirely because of any anti-vaxxer beliefs, but simply because they don't see it as being important. It's seen as a 1st World problem. South Africa is sitting with excess supplies of vaccinations. The story that poor countries in Africa are being left behind by the richer nations in the quest to vaccinate populations is absolute rubbish. Same situation in Zimbabwe, large supplies of vaccinations, but no interest from the population.

We have a national vaccination rate of about 25% at the moment, well below what is required. I don't see that changing at all in the future. The protocols of social distancing, masking up, sanitising and limiting the number of people in public places are still in place although in some areas there is no evidence of this taking place. South Africa is still in a de facto national "state of emergency", being run by a cabal of 5 Stalinists, and they aren't going to give that up in a hurry. This year will be interesting.....
HiltonP

Postby Burgerman » 25 Jan 2022, 17:42

Well 90% here vaccinated inc mostly all with the 3rd booster. And that means we are the 1st country in the world that is going to be back to normal wih no restrictions at the end of this month. Maybe some advertising with that info might convince a few.

The TOTAL number of deaths here of people dying OF covid rather than with covid in the last 2 years is just 17k. Thats way way less that the often quoted hundreds of thousands. And to put that into perspective 680k thousand people die here every year. So it actually the same levels as flu.

And now that 9 out of 10 positive results are Omicron, the infection levels are 1 in 10 of the population. But deaths are a tiny handful. Some days single figures. Or zero. And mostly the unvaccinated... Its over.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby REPARACIÓN SILLAS » 26 Jan 2022, 03:26

Burgerman wrote:As the omicron strain takes over, (it spreads much faster, but does less damage) then basically its becomes like a sore throat and a hangover. The only ones dying of covid (FROM covid) in the UK now are those that are already weak/old and unvaccinated. So now its just like the flu. Or less than that. The same will likely happen to you.

In this country on the 29th of this month ALL restrictions are ended. Back to normal. And its already like that as nobody cares any more.

If Burgerman is as you say, the same thing happens here with the symptoms and with the unvaccinated. Do not forget that you are in Europe (first world), although we have everything to be a great country with all climates, very intelligent people, etc. , etc. we are from the third world.... a pity with so many corrupt people who govern Argentina. Big hug to all. :thumbup:
Siempre aprendiendo y brindando soluciones!.
REPARACIÓN SILLAS

Postby Burgerman » 26 Jan 2022, 04:45

This is happening in in England, UK. Not in the EU, they are still a mess there...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Toro » 23 Feb 2022, 13:07

Hi All

Quick question, how is everyone that has support workers coming into their home for support going about things with covid-19... are you having them mask up while there, if they have it do they take time off?

I'm putting together a new team for my care and just interested in others here how they have been coping.
Toro

Postby Burgerman » 23 Feb 2022, 18:58

There is no covid 19 as far as we are concerned here. All masks etc are finished. All restrictions and even testing and isolating is finished too in 7 days.

Well theres still covid. And many many have it and pass it on. If my carers tested positive they still came to work. But nobody gets ill enough to care. A cold is worse. Many dont know they have it at all.

Interesting fact. The amount of people dying in the UK over the last few months is now LOWER than the previous few years before covid existed.

And for what its worth masks dont work, and never did.

So the answer is the vaccine. We vaccinated more people faster. And all of the population that wanted it has had it... 3 times over... So now nobody cares. We are all free and back to normal here. Nobody mentions it or cares. Your mileage may vary depending where you are. But if you have had 3 doses why worry.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 05 Apr 2022, 12:46

Well me and my Brother have both tested positive for CV19 and feel absolute $h!t. :cussing :( On top of that I've lost my voice partly and feel all achy. It's not a nice thing to have.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 05 Apr 2022, 16:56

Yes I had it last week. Felt a bit crap for a few days. No worse than a cold really. And we dont go around banning people moving about, or going to work etc. We just use some common sense. Think of it as natures vaccine.

Are you planning one of these yet? https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/ ... &mode=view
You know you want to! :clap
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Arima » 06 Apr 2022, 02:49

steves1977uk wrote:Well me and my Brother have both tested positive for CV19 and feel absolute $h!t. :cussing :( On top of that I've lost my voice partly and feel all achy. It's not a nice thing to have.

Steve

Mine lasted about 3 weeks. Ibuprofen (double dose) was a big help.
Thxs
Arima

Postby Burgerman » 06 Apr 2022, 19:31

I found about 8 vodkas and a couple of beers took the edge off. And then I ordered an indian takeaway. And put the bog roll in the fridge. Forgot all about covid.

The bog roll bit was a joke. I have an illeostomy so no prob!

And I was left with some lovely green stuff to cough up after a few days. It only lasted a few days. So presume it was bacterial, and so self medicated with Doxycycline. Now thats gone too. As a side effect my pee is now crystal clear like lager. :D
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Arima » 08 Apr 2022, 17:45

Yes I laughed at the refrigerated bog roll bit. Then I farted so I stopped laughing. You have a lot of funny comments on most subjects :lol:
Thxs
Arima

Postby Burgerman » 08 Apr 2022, 20:09

Yes I think I am funny. Very very dry though usually. Most people dont get it and get annoyed. But at least I make myself laugh on the inside.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 09 Apr 2022, 20:44

My Mum had it as well and went on a coach trip for a few days without realising she was infected. :oops: My Father has it too. :thumbdown:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 10 Apr 2022, 00:08

Dont worry. Aslong as they are up to date with vax then its basically a cold...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby foghornleghorn » 13 May 2022, 12:43

Feeling breathless turned into a week in bed on the ventilator I usually only used overnight.

Got to point could hardly breathe even with ventilator due to blocked nose. Ended up getting my brother to call 999 for an ambulance.

Hospital:

A&E in there the entire day and evening having emergency treatment.

Moved late in evening to a High Dependency Respiratory Unit sealed for COVID patients.

2 and a half weeks and a shitload of treatment/medication later, allowed to go home.

Back home:

Very weak and whole body stiff - been trapped in a tiny hospital bed with no physio or ability to move.

Currently most I have been off ventilator is 90 minutes in a whole day.

Need to go back to bed for a sleep after lunch. Going to bed very early in evening.

Progress back to normal (I hope???) is going to be slow and hard.
foghornleghorn

Postby Burgerman » 13 May 2022, 13:36

Do you normally have breathing issues?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby foghornleghorn » 13 May 2022, 15:27

My condition causes muscle weakness especially with regards to breathing.

I have needed a ventilator when laying down since 1991.

-

Currently also have a collapsed lung which according to the doctor was my favourite lung. Other one works OK. Body apparently used to put most effort into using broken one.
foghornleghorn

Next

Return to Anything