Recover deleted folder ?

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Recover deleted folder ?

Postby expresso » 20 Jan 2022, 03:04

would anyone have a free program to recover a deleted folder - i deleted it by mistake - recycle bin -

it might be lost if overwritten - which may be the case already - i just realized it

thanks
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Re: Recover deleted folder ?

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jan 2022, 03:54

HD or SSD? Just get it from a cloned drive in another PC or another backup disk or a backup file.

Do you know the folder name?
Open a dos box, type UNDELETE C:\FOLDER NAME\*.*
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jan 2022, 04:00

Download Recuva

You may not get anything off an ssd as many run algos in the background to delete stuff properly so its next write cycle is faster.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 20 Jan 2022, 04:18

it was nothing that important but still i have to be more careful in case it was something important

i backup file and folders that i want to keep in case - that was not one of them

it was on a SSD - since all my drives are now besides 2 WD Black - but i tend to use the SSD more -

i found a software and it did recover files - not sure if it was all i had in the folder -

i dont remember the folder name for sure - i can try guessing and try your way
expresso

Postby expresso » 20 Jan 2022, 04:20

Burgerman wrote:Download Recuva

You may not get anything off an ssd as many run algos in the background to delete stuff properly so its next write cycle is faster.

is that a real free program - or just finds them and then you have to pay to recover them like most do

i did find a free one - that worked some - how good who knows - but did allow me to recover -

will try recuva tomorrow if its really free - not on desktop now

another thing just started to happen - My desktop i noticed now dosnt fully boot from a shut down PC - it turns on lights etc, fans work but no boot into windows -

if i reset it - it then does - and if i am using it and restart etc, all fine - only started recently - i turned off fast start in windows - i dont think i have enabled in the bios - can check that next time

tonight i left it on sleep - will see if it wakes up tomorrow - i didnt do a full shut down -

thanks
expresso

Postby expresso » 20 Jan 2022, 04:43

Burgerman wrote:HD or SSD? Just get it from a cloned drive in another PC or another backup disk or a backup file.

Do you know the folder name?
Open a dos box, type UNDELETE C:\FOLDER NAME\*.*

i try that tomorrow - its not backed up etc, nothing important - i do a file folder backup of the important folders - this was nothing special that i needed
expresso

Return to Anything