EXPO-ORTOPÉDICA 2022 BUENOS AIRES ARGENTINA.

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

EXPO-ORTOPÉDICA 2022 BUENOS AIRES ARGENTINA.

Postby REPARACIÓN SILLAS » 03 Apr 2022, 01:05

Good morning everyone. We wanted to tell you about what happened on 03/30/2022 and 03/31/2022 here in Buenos Aires. Like every year, the most important orthopedic exhibition in my country was held, which brings together local and international exhibitors both at the stands and at the workshops, interdisciplinary conferences on assistive technology, equipment and rehabilitation. Also demonstrations of volleyball, tennis, skate jumps, wheelchair jumps, mountaineering, wheelchair tango, weightlifting, judo and skating.
As usual we attended with my wife Silvia and with my eldest son and co-worker Tomás.
This year was the 11th edition where we were also able to meet some representatives of companies such as Loh Medical, Meyra Germany. Due to the bad local economy (Argentina), added to what was left by the global economy hit by covid-19, not many new products were observed, but it was very worthwhile that the sample could be carried out successfully! very positive). With Tomás we are proud to be the technical service that CARE-QUIP, TAGGER, SAN ANDRÉS and MEYAR recommend to repair chairs for end users.
Care-quip introduced the ARIA line of wheelchairs, VERMEIREN wheelchairs ( Sigma 230 y Forest 3S.U), SPEX postural backrests and cushions. Other companies continue betting on Q6, Stretto, 4Front, Meyra Optimus 2, Jay, Roho...
We always hope that new technologies, models and brands can be imported. For now it is what we have. I wanted to show you a little what we do and have in my country. We were also with Juan María "GATO" nimo who is a young sportsman and motocross and car racing driver (Turismo Carretera) who uses wheelchairs due to a motorcycle accident when he was very young. He is a great example to follow.
I share the link of our Facebook so you can see the note.

GRACIAS Thank you Gabriel.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008696950051
Siempre aprendiendo y brindando soluciones!.
REPARACIÓN SILLAS

Re: EXPO-ORTOPÉDICA 2022 BUENOS AIRES ARGENTINA.

Postby snaker » 03 Apr 2022, 09:54

@Gabriel: Does Meyra sell Optimus 2 in Argentina? What is the price for a Optimus 2 chair only (a chair without all powered gadgets e.g powered leg, tilt, recline)? Do they sell replacement parts too (e.g motors, brushes)?
snaker

Postby REPARACIÓN SILLAS » 03 Apr 2022, 16:43

snaker wrote:@Gabriel: Does Meyra sell Optimus 2 in Argentina? What is the price for a Optimus 2 chair only (a chair without all powered gadgets e.g powered leg, tilt, recline)? Do they sell replacement parts too (e.g motors, brushes)?

Hi Snake, yes, the firm that represents MEYRA here is called RN LEDESMA and they sell spare parts and accessories. I cannot tell you today, Sunday, what accessories they have in stock. We went to the expo with Carlos, a friend from our workshop and tester of motorized chairs, where he tested the Optimus 2 that reaches 12.5 km/h and feels very good when walking (see photos in the link).

I share link of R.N Ledesma. https://www.rnledesma.com.ar/product-page/optimus-2
REPARACIÓN SILLAS

Postby snaker » 04 Apr 2022, 01:45

Ledesma site does not show the prices. Do you know the price of Optimus 2? I am curious if Optimus 2 sold in Argentina is less expensive than in EU?
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 05 Apr 2022, 01:21

It will probably be the same as german price converted to south american currency at whatever the exchange rate is, since its made in germany. Which is soon to be bankrupt!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby REPARACIÓN SILLAS » 05 Apr 2022, 19:12

Hello, yes, it is as BM says, but for us it is expensive due to the exchange rate based on the devaluation of our currency... (no comments). I am waiting for them to give me the price, although for every US dollar we must pay AR$200. In the workshop we serve Optimus 1 and 2 prior to this model.
Argentina has a percentage of disability of 1.8% of the total population including: deaf, blind, mute, paralysis, etc. What is missing, as they could see, is very current equipment at reasonable prices.

Gabriel.
REPARACIÓN SILLAS

Postby REPARACIÓN SILLAS » 12 Apr 2022, 04:11

REPARACIÓN SILLAS wrote:
snaker wrote:@Gabriel: Does Meyra sell Optimus 2 in Argentina? What is the price for a Optimus 2 chair only (a chair without all powered gadgets e.g powered leg, tilt, recline)? Do they sell replacement parts too (e.g motors, brushes)?

Hi Snake, yes, the firm that represents MEYRA here is called RN LEDESMA and they sell spare parts and accessories. I cannot tell you today, Sunday, what accessories they have in stock. We went to the expo with Carlos, a friend from our workshop and tester of motorized chairs, where he tested the Optimus 2 that reaches 12.5 km/h and feels very good when walking (see photos in the link).

I share link of R.N Ledesma. https://www.rnledesma.com.ar/product-page/optimus-2

Well, today I was told that here the chair costs US$13,600 without electric leg raisers or trunk. In AR$ it is somewhat expensive for the service it provides.
REPARACIÓN SILLAS

Postby snaker » 13 Apr 2022, 01:50

$13K is pretty high. I wonder how many Optimus chairs Meyra could sell per year in Argentina? How much does a good car cost in Argentina? Maybe less than $13K and it has full electric options.
snaker

Postby REPARACIÓN SILLAS » 22 Apr 2022, 02:45

A zero kilometer car starting at US$16,500 and without great luxuries.
REPARACIÓN SILLAS

Return to Anything