Necessary Software

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Necessary Software

Postby martin007 » 15 Apr 2022, 21:14

Hello.

All these programs are recommended to have them installed in Windows.

* Firefox / Chrome / Opera
* Office / Libreoffice / Openoffice
* Winrar / 7Zip
* Sumatra PDF / Adobe Acrobat
* Antivirus

What other (essential / Necessary) software do you have installed on your Windows?
Do you recommend any software?
martin007

Re: Necessary Software

Postby Burgerman » 15 Apr 2022, 23:22

* Firefox / Chrome / Opera
ONLY firefox. Chrome is a memory and CPU hog and tracks everything as its owned and given to you free by an advertising company. YOU are the product.

* Office / Libreoffice / Openoffice
ONLY Office pro corp 2019 (its free), Executive with Excel, Publisher, Word, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, Access, Business vers of Skype, Outlook (a real mail program) and a bunch of addins and stuff. The best there is.

* Winrar / 7Zip
Winzip is the most common and the most used and again its "free"...

* Sumatra PDF / Adobe Acrobat
Adobe acrobat exists to take over your PC and get you to buy stuff. Firefox is all you need unless you want to MAKE pdf files. But microsoft office can save pdf files too... So no need for any of these.

* Antivirus
I have non. Well I have the one BUILT IN to windows 10 but its disabled unless I CHOOSE to run it to check peiodically. Why non? They slow down your computer and most take over. I have never had a virus in 15 years. And no realtime antivirus is needed.

NEEDED.
Photoshop CS6. Also free... Like all software. Or at least some decent image editing sowtware.

Movie editing software.
I have a few.
But like adobe premier pro also free... But hard to learn and needs shit loads of memory and CPU.
And a bunch of other actual free ones!

Mapping and GPS software, built into windows, google earth, and 101 other useful tools and other things related to hobby equipment and backups, FTP, etc etc etc. Also website building software and FTP program etc. As well as macrium for backups and transfering setups between computers. And more...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 15 Apr 2022, 23:35

If you want anything ask me. Complete with a fix so its "free"...

But with 2GB of memory most of it probably wont run or at least properly. Are you sure thats all you have?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 17 Apr 2022, 16:02

I mostly use portable apps... https://www.fcportables.com/ Have them on an external SSD and can be run on any modern PC. :thumbup:

Steve
steves1977uk

Return to Anything