Fan Control

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Fan Control

Postby Burgerman » 17 Jul 2022, 19:10

Is a bit of easy to find FREE software that is an essential addon to any PC.

It uses under 0.1% of your CPU. Can be configured in very complex ways to run fans or water pumps with different parameters. It starts with windows, as a tray icon every boot. It takes over from the BIOS fan control on bootup. And thats great as its way more configurable. It allows you to set up a bunch of parameters that control each group of fans. Or water pumps. Its medium easy to learn. Once you have you will use it on every PC.

Mine is configured with top radiator fans, (2x 140mm), and front radiator fans (3x 140mm) and a pump.
All these fans are controlled by you.
For e.g you can take the CPU temp as an input, and in my case I use this to control the water pump speed. (so its running super slow at low CPU temp). No need to take away heat if there is non.
Another input is my 380 watt GPU 3080 Ti graphics card.
This in configured to control the PUMP speed too. As a "mix". And the highest value seen is the one used. So a hotter CPU or GPU will take priority and speed up the pump. I have this set to idle at very slow water pump speed below GPU / CPU of 28C. And reach full pump speed at 100% when the GPU sees 45C and or the CPU sees 60C. So pump speed ramps up gradually between their respective high/low temperatures.

And to carefully maintain the water at 28 to 33C I have a water temp sensor. This is the only input for fan control. These are idle, turning below 500 rpm when water is below 28C. As water temp rises to 33C ALL fans ramp up to max 2000rpm. Which never really happens unless I run both GPU and CPU benchmarks/burn-in tests simultaniously. Or if the room temp exceeds 33C... Which it hasnt yet. This keeps the PC silent. Unless doing serious work for more than say 5 mins. Then it ramps up and sounds like a plane taking off.

All inputs and outputs can have user chosen hysterisis values, and only on ramp downs, or up or both, and time in seconds too. The fact that you can control fans or pump speed (to carry heat to radiators faster and cool GPU or CPU faster idividually is great. Normally when gaming the CPU doesnt get very hot. fans or pump dont ramp up. But now a hot GPU can speed up water flow, and fans as needed automatically.

This software is extremely flexible. And free. And very useful! And every PC should have it.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Fan Control

Postby martin007 » 18 Jul 2022, 00:31

martin007

Re: Fan Control

Postby Burgerman » 18 Jul 2022, 01:30