Sad situation. Really got to me

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Sad situation. Really got to me

Postby fishinjunky » 18 Jul 2022, 13:58

I've been injured 13 years in that time I've had my highs an lows. But the other day may have been my lowest.
I went out for a ride I wad a couple miles from my house and in the middle of the road was a dead opossum but it had babies that were still alive they were furless laying on the hot payment squirming an screaming from the heat suffering dying slowly and I couldn't do anything to help them I called everyone for help even tried stopping traffic to get help but no one would. I called emergency services they sent a forestry officer but they took to long I had to watch them suffer an die it was awful an made me feel like real a piece of shit that I couldn't save them. I know many will think owell just opossums but to see babies suffering so horribly is just really sad I'm still having a hard time processing it. These types of situations have been the hardest for me when there is nothing I can do to help
Invacare tdx sp
Bounder 300M 200ah lifepo4
fishinjunky

Re: Sad situation. Really got to me

Postby expresso » 18 Jul 2022, 16:15

yeah that sucks - that would bother me also - i have more respect for animals than i do for humans people - they really do suck - no one helps nothing or anyone

you would think being in a city with so many people that if something happened you be fine - not the case - not there or here - over the years i have rescued a few while out with a friend - shes very much into it - so if she seen something - we had to do something about it

in my case it was a baby bird - one time it was rescued - another time no one wanted to do anything - we managed and got it inside - put a little stick as a brace for the birds leg - it was late and we made a little home for it - kept it in our building lobby at the time - in the library area to hide it - and give it time to rest safe warm etc, but next day - it was dead - didnt make it -

asking people for help - its like your asking for money - no one wants to stop and go out of there way no matter what -

stories of a girl being raped in a city bus full of other riders - and no one helped - WTF - its crazy out there - very rare people help anyone these days -

i feel more for the animals around than i do for most people - what can you do -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 18 Jul 2022, 18:57

Well you could only allow the high IQ members of society to breed. They tried this once before in america with a small experimental group. But hittler and what he did put a stop to that.

The idea that they were trying to create a "better" super race was too close to what hittler was also claiming to do.

The idea was to increase IQ over time so that more people with a brain that worked existed. And the deadheads would be genetically outnumbered. That would end up with a more productive, safer, richer, less violent and more caring better society.

So you could do that?
And it would work.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby F3Head » 19 Jul 2022, 00:07

Something about your story reminds me of how vulnerable we in wheelchairs are.

F3HEAD
F3Head

Postby Burgerman » 19 Jul 2022, 11:19

The problem is that you cannot fix everything. Some things remain out of your control.

Theres many things I would have done if not in a chair. Watching baby swans drowning while taffled up in discarded fishing wire for an hour comes to mind. Dragged around by their mother. I would have got in and sorted it. 2 mins with a knife or scissors. But I couldnt do it. Everyone else just walked past. RSPCA not interested. Also depressing. But you got to understand what you can and cannot do. Life is cruel. Theres been lots of occasions. With many animals, and people. But it is what it is.

I watched a long line of baby ducks earlier this year crossing the 4 lane busy road near my house. God knows where they were going. Traffic mostly stopping for them. But some didnt bother...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 19 Jul 2022, 14:16

expresso wrote:yeah that sucks - that would bother me also - i have more respect for animals than i do for humans people - they really do suck - no one helps nothing or anyone

you would think being in a city with so many people that if something happened you be fine - not the case - not there or here - over the years i have rescued a few while out with a friend - shes very much into it - so if she seen something - we had to do something about it

in my case it was a baby bird - one time it was rescued - another time no one wanted to do anything - we managed and got it inside - put a little stick as a brace for the birds leg - it was late and we made a little home for it - kept it in our building lobby at the time - in the library area to hide it - and give it time to rest safe warm etc, but next day - it was dead - didnt make it -

asking people for help - its like your asking for money - no one wants to stop and go out of there way no matter what -

stories of a girl being raped in a city bus full of other riders - and no one helped - WTF - its crazy out there - very rare people help anyone these days -

i feel more for the animals around than i do for most people - what can you do -

some people these days :cussing
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Postby fishinjunky » 19 Jul 2022, 14:24

Burgerman wrote:Well you could only allow the high IQ members of society to breed. They tried this once before in america with a small experimental group. But hittler and what he did put a stop to that.

The idea that they were trying to create a "better" super race was too close to what hittler was also claiming to do.

The idea was to increase IQ over time so that more people with a brain that worked existed. And the deadheads would be genetically outnumbered. That would end up with a more productive, safer, richer, less violent and more caring better society.

So you could do that?
And it would work.

i wonder how many generations of selective breeding it would take to breed out genetic diseases and increase over all IQ in all offspring from the selected parents? We do it with pretty much all the domesticated plants an animals. Im only talking about the science side of it an not of the morality
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Postby Burgerman » 19 Jul 2022, 14:39

Well morally it would be a great thing to do. It would be removing genetic problems (health and IQ issues) from the future human race. How could this ever be a bad thing?

It would only take a generation to remove 1 or 100 things. Genetically, when removed thats it. Gone! As long as these were properly identified. I think. Maybe lenny our genetisist would like to correct me?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fishinjunky » 20 Jul 2022, 14:18

Burgerman wrote:The problem is that you cannot fix everything. Some things remain out of your control.

Theres many things I would have done if not in a chair. Watching baby swans drowning while taffled up in discarded fishing wire for an hour comes to mind. Dragged around by their mother. I would have got in and sorted it. 2 mins with a knife or scissors. But I couldnt do it. Everyone else just walked past. RSPCA not interested. Also depressing. But you got to understand what you can and cannot do. Life is cruel. Theres been lots of occasions. With many animals, and people. But it is what it is.

I watched a long line of baby ducks earlier this year crossing the 4 lane busy road near my house. God knows where they were going. Traffic mostly stopping for them. But some didnt bother...

You're right I tell myself I did everything I could it's sad an the reality of a cruel world we live in
Invacare tdx sp
fishinjunky

Return to Anything