A freind

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

A freind

Postby Burgerman » 11 Oct 2023, 17:12

was here when my £180 meat order arrived. She is one of those that strugges to pay to feed here 3 kids. Nice but totally disorganised. She was amazed at the amount. This was a couple of months back. I use www.bestmeat.co.uk and no its not a sponsored link or anything!

She was here while I had a delivery. And was shocked at the amount. I explained that by buying loads of meat at once, and stocking the freezer it works out at under half the cost per pound or KG compared to the supermarkets or local butchers. Meaning you live for 2 months for the price of 1. And no time or fuel wasted as it comes directly to my door. Her reply was "that would be great but no way I could afford to do that"...

Of course this is because she buys everything wrong. In small amounts, at the last minute at daft prices. This is what I call "wrong headed". She cannot see that she COULD afford it, and then would be far richer from then on. And then the following month she would be around £100 richer! Not only with meat, but I do this with everything. The amount of bog rolls I get at once is legendary. Same with washing powder or detergent in 5 gallon drums...

Some people are forever struggling because they are "wrong headed" and run life in a sort of backwards way.

Similarly I alway have a full tank of fuel. I top it up at every oportunity as I am passing a service station. So no extra miles covered going to buy £10 worth of fuel to prevent running out every 2 minutes. Once the tank is full its basically money in the bank. And talking about money in the bank, I always save. Always have enough for a rainy day or a new roof or whatever may occur. Most people dont. They are desperate for payday. And running up bank and credit card charges while waiting. Wrong headed. How can I explain to her and others like here that she has everything backwards?

Theres 3 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that dont.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: A freind

Postby martin007 » 11 Oct 2023, 20:17

There are people who are born wrong and die wrong.
No matter how hard you try, they don't understand.
His head is not able to understand it.
martin007

Postby martin007 » 11 Oct 2023, 22:26

> https://www.bestmeat.co.uk/best-meat-deals/87

Is it beef?
It has a good price even for Spain...
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 12 Oct 2023, 10:23

I cant fault the quality. Yes beef, and everything else you need - about 100 options. Delivered next day in a refrigerated van in a insulated box.

Since I only really eat meat and cheese (low carb diet) this basically is 95% of my monthly food. I have high blood sugar. Hence low carn diet. Currently lost 1 stone over almost 4 weeks.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby slomobile » 21 Nov 2023, 19:35

https://fayettepackingco.com/ is my local butcher.
$400 per quarter beef.
I think it was about $250 for half hog.

I want to support them, but everything always has a bad smell and doesn't taste as good or keep as long as meat from Walmart.
High volume does have advantages.

Love these sausages https://countrypleasin.com/collections/ ... -alligator
and this dry pepperoni https://www.trinkosausage.net/products
slomobile

Postby Burgerman » 21 Nov 2023, 19:49

country pleasin site looks interesting but they wont deliver...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 22 Nov 2023, 01:04

Similarly I alway have a full tank of fuel. I top it up at every oportunity as I am passing a service station. So no extra miles covered going to buy £10 worth of fuel to prevent running out every 2 minutes.

My Brother and my PA disagree on how my van should be fuelled. Melissa says it should be ran until it's nearly empty to flush the old fuel out of the tank, then refill. My Brother Mark always keeps both his cars full. Also is it better to use premium diesel as I prefer the engine to be looked after, but Melissa's hubby says it's a waste of money and just use an engine cleaner fluid in the diesel tank every few thousand miles.

What's your opinion on this BM?

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby martin007 » 22 Nov 2023, 01:07

steves1977uk wrote:
Similarly I alway have a full tank of fuel. I top it up at every oportunity as I am passing a service station. So no extra miles covered going to buy £10 worth of fuel to prevent running out every 2 minutes.

My Brother and my PA disagree on how my van should be fuelled. Melissa says it should be ran until it's nearly empty to flush the old fuel out of the tank, then refill. My Brother Mark always keeps both his cars full. Also is it better to use premium diesel as I prefer the engine to be looked after, but Melissa's hubby says it's a waste of money and just use an engine cleaner fluid in the diesel tank every few thousand miles.

What's your opinion on this BM?

Steve

It is not healthy to mix food with fuel. :lol: :lol: :lol:
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 22 Nov 2023, 02:36

My opinion?
Swap it for the V6 litre petrol version.

Seriously I dont think it matters how old fuel is in a modern vehicle. The tanks are basically sealed and unlike old vented fuel tanks of old to please the environ mentalists. So the lighter elements cant evaporate away over time to leave stale fuel. And so it really doesent matter. I do know that adding say 1% of 2 stroke oil to deisels makes them run quieter, less knock, and it lubricates the fuel pump, solenoids, injectors/pintel, valve guides and cylinder bores/rings better. And its something I always did on work vans years back. Any cheap low ash synthetic 2 stroke oil works great. Even cheap 2 stroke oil is better than straight diesel.

If you want to save a lot of money you can (and I have in the past) used cheap UK "heating oil" as its not dyed pink. You order 28 second oil. Instead of red 35 second diesel. This is slightly thinner, and so benefits even more from a drop of oil added to it. Say 2% two stroke oil. DONT use a red one! The advantage is that while not being "legal" its a lot cheaper! Like in summer it was 55p per litre. Currently its 74p. In summer demand is lower so the prce is cheap. Its delivered to your house by tanker. So you would need an oil tank. Or know a man with one. 28 second oil is also called kerosene in the UK. https://www.boilerjuice.com/kerosene-prices/
You can get 45 gallon oil drums delivered to your house for under £1 a litre too. But thats less economic...

In the US kerosene and parafin are basically the same thing. Or at least refered to as the same thing. They are not, at least in the UK. And they smell different too. Its hard to tell diesel/kero by smell.
But basically kerosene, 28 second oil, heating oil, kerosene, jetA, JP4, JP8, all work great in a deisel engine and are very similar. I wouldnt hesitate to use any of these. So does red diesel, but its 35 second oil (same as white diesel but may have more sulfur that doesent matter). And of course because its died red (so called marked) its also illegal like all of these alternatves here. And when the tank is dipped by the roadside its too obvious! :oops: The others are normally the same colour as white diesel. So you cant easily tell... :shifty:

So in answer to the first question, it doesent matter if you empty the tank or keep it topped up. But to me a full tank is like money in the bank. And thats better than NOT having money in the bank.. So keep it topped up! And keep a couple of 10 litre cans in the back or at home. You never know when theres going to be a shortage or a strike or whatever. Right now I am having two 45 gallon oil drums of 28 second/kerosene delivered for my diesel heater! If I had a diesel van then that would be rather to easy!

Premium diesel is basically a way of extracting More money. It has some chemicals added to keep the fuel system clean and stop organic growth, and water collecting. But I doubt you could ever detect any difference in use. It was originally intended for to be used in huge diesel tanks used in houshold heating systems or on farms where 1500 gallon or bigger tanks are common and where fuel sits for years to decades. I wouldnt bother with premium. I would add a splash of 2 stroke oil. And I do use a 0w 40 oil, (mobil1) in place of the 5w 20 reommended ENGINE oil. Likewise I will be swapping to a 5w 50 oil (synthetic) this year. Because I value the engine rather than a tiny increase in mpg.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 22 Nov 2023, 18:14

If you mix diesel with that 1% oil, does the mixture remain homogeneous?
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 23 Nov 2023, 13:04

Yep. Or rather in a diesel it never is anyway. The cylinder is full of air. The oil/diesel is injected by an injector. At low throttle or idle then theres always 100x too much air. So ultra weak mixture. It still burns because where it is injected its a stream of pure fuel. So its "rich" at the point where it enters the combustion chamber. So it burns and uses as much oxygen as it wishes or until its all brned away. Leaving the rest of the air to be wasted. Theres is no throttle plate in a typical diesel. They always have an open intake. A full air charge. Even at idle. So its not meant to be a perfect fuel air mix.

In a diesel engine you can use pure oil. Or vegetable oil like cooking oil. Or old engine oil. Or anything low octane that will combust easily with heat alone.

Petrol of course will stop a diesel engine dead if you add enough. It is high octane, so it is designed not to ignite due to heat alone (caused by compression) until it sees a spark. If that happens its called pre ignition, leading to damaging detonation. Because unlike a diesel engine petrol exists in the cylinder already during compression. It enters via the intake manifold with the air. And is not meant to ignite until a spark tells it to burn just before top-dead-centre. In a diesel only air exists in the cylinder. Until the point where you want ignition. Then an injector inside the combustion chamber works and the diesel is fired in, and this forms the "ignition timing" of the burn. Like the spark of a petrol engine. The heat of compression ignites it. And it does the same with any oil, paraffin, kerosene, veg oil, etc that you want. Or anything that ignites due to heat alone.

The heater is similar. The oil vapourises due to the heat in the burner. Then it burns. It will also probably run on petrol too as there a flame already all of the time! In its combustion chamber there is excess air flowing. So the mixture is always fuel lean. The fuel uses whatever oxygen it requires and the rest is Blown out of the exhaust. You can make it run richer. If you change the fan speed/pump speed enough, you will make it start to smoke when theres not enough free oxygen remaining. Its all programable though. If you see any smoke from the exhaust turn up the fan, or turn down the fuel. Its adjustable because mixture changes due to altitude. Go far enough up a mountain and it will smoke slightly and waste some fuel. So you need to reset it a little. My house doent go up mountains so that wont be bothering me.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 23 Nov 2023, 17:48

I didn't know that a diesel engine can run on a 100% oil fuel.
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 23 Nov 2023, 19:37

In this country where fuel prices are crazy because of the green net zero nonsense people have been using filtered used cooking oil. Including one of my carers.

And old engine oil filtered too, MIXED with diesel or kerosene. They dont start easily on pure oil. And its thick enough that t can damage some types of injection systems. But if you have access to such oils then try it out. Look on the web to see what these things will run on.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 23 Nov 2023, 19:50

Suppose you mix oil with 50% diesel.
How to prevent the different density from separating the oil and diesel?
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 23 Nov 2023, 19:58

They dont.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 23 Nov 2023, 20:02

I mix burnt motor or cooking oil with diesel.
I shake the mixture so that the result is homogeneous.

Do you say that the mixture remains stable and homogeneous over time?
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 23 Nov 2023, 20:11

Yes. At least long enough to matter! I added red oil to clear white petrol 25 years ago for a 2 stroke strimmer engine. Its sat on the shelf in the garage and still same red colour...
It mixes fine. It doesent even matter if it seperates as it will run on them both seperately. And as you drive it gets reixed by the fuel return pump, and sloshed around in the tank. And used up too. And as you refil it gets remixed...

Do you have a diesel car?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 23 Nov 2023, 20:15

I don't have a car.
martin007

Return to Anything