Skin Check

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Skin Check

Postby Arima » 09 Feb 2024, 04:35

Do you take photos of your back? I don't have a caregiver to check my skin condition in the places I can't see. Thought about getting a selfie stick and mirroring the phone to the pc so I can see what is going on.
Thxs
Arima

Re: Skin Check

Postby Burgerman » 09 Feb 2024, 09:25

I wouldnt be able to get into a position to do that. So my carers check daily. I did used to use my mirror on an old microphone stand but still needed carers to turn me.
I think a phone screen is a bit small to see much very useful. And they keep going off/dark while you try to look to save the microscopic battery! (my partly serious dig there as I cant stand the things! Yes on PC.) Would you be able to see the shades of red/pink etc well enough? Maybe with a decent background light.

Would it work for you? Well anything is better than nothing. Sometimes though its hard to tell much on a picture especially if you were just laid on it. You really need to press it and see if it goes white, or feel for hard areas etc as well to decide what it is that you are actually seeing. What you need is a volunteer! butred
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Arima » 10 Feb 2024, 05:22

Found some small red spots on the bedding. Checked my butt and couldn't find anything. Made me wonder if it was something around the lower back. Then while washing up in front of the mirror noticed a scab on my elbow...so I think that is where the stains came from. I buy cheap phones so the cameras do struggle to get the clarity. Just keep taking photos until I get some good ones. Lucky I can reach my butt without to much problem. But I have not actually seen my back in 4-5 yrs. It would be good to get a baseline view. I'm getting more age spots and should pay more attention before a problem starts.

Some day I will need a volunteer but for now I'm okay without.
Thxs
Arima

Postby Burgerman » 10 Feb 2024, 17:46

Red spots... Yes been there. Thats how I discover problems on occasion! Usually caused by trapped skin on the good old slider boards. Thats why I have been using a damned anoying, slow, patient lift for the last 2 years. It makes a 2 minute job into a 15 minute comedy of errors.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Anything