REVIEW OF INVACARE KITE.

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

REVIEW OF INVACARE KITE.

Postby f8203017 » 08 Feb 2021, 16:07

Before the 'Kite', I had a 'Storm 4 Xplore' for 5 years. The 'Xplore' had front wheel suspension that you could turn 'on' or 'off', I found the ride better with the front suspension turned 'off', unless you were going very slowly over very rough ground.
The 'Kite' has wider front wheels/tyres which tend to absorb, everyday, bumps better than what the 'Xplore' did. The 'Kite' isn't quite as fast as the 'Xplore', but it's fast enough. It's quite a compact chair.
I weigh about 160 lbs, so neither chair needed the 'Sensitivity' adjusting, as the 'Average weight/factory settings' seemed adequate for my needs. (You would, obviously, need this adjusting to your weight and preference.)
The 'Kite' responds very well, with movement being immediate as you move the joy-stick. I have the riser, (and tilt n recline) which is very handy for reaching things and adjusting yourself to table heights.

It looks cool, so I am told, as it's black n white.

This is the 5th power chair that I've had, and it's the best one so far! 
f8203017

Re: REVIEW OF INVACARE KITE.

Postby ex-Gooserider » 09 Feb 2021, 02:14

Welcome to the forum, I hope you learn a lot about chairs from the users here....

One thing that is very helpful to us is if you can go into the User Control Panel near the top of the page and put in your rough location - at least the country, possibly more detailed if you feel so inclined...

This is a very international forum and it helps us know where you are from since different places offer different chairs, and also to offer better suggestions when pointing people at resources and so forth....\

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 09 Feb 2021, 02:24

Those rear drive chairs are not available in the US/canada/south america so probably british. Or possibly other european.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby f8203017 » 09 Feb 2021, 17:12

ex-Gooserider wrote:Welcome to the forum, I hope you learn a lot about chairs from the users here....

One thing that is very helpful to us is if you can go into the User Control Panel near the top of the page and put in your rough location - at least the country, possibly more detailed if you feel so inclined...

This is a very international forum and it helps us know where you are from since different places offer different chairs, and also to offer better suggestions when pointing people at resources and so forth....\

ex-Gooserider

OK

Devon. UK
f8203017

Return to Powerchair Reviews