Meyra iCHAIR MC2 RS

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Meyra iCHAIR MC2 RS

Postby daunjan » 30 May 2021, 06:44

Has anyone tried one of these chairs, I'm demo only one NZ till next Friday, its alot taller than any chair been in plus 15in rear rims, 10in castors. I'm 6ft2in fell like a giant, coming from TA-IQ base height of 510mm to 570 high difference. Even my quantum 6000 is more lower. This thing need taming

Width wise 720mm with 15in rear tyres they do have normal rears fit indoors easily, The Lifepo4 batteries look like can fit 350long x 420wide x 240high meyra chair my pack 200ah 400long x 320wide 240 height...

Offloading is very responsive turns so easy, seems well planted to the ground 13km no probs. The motors just want to go, weird no delays seems to pull best way describe it, even holds its power when on grass or hills. Have never driven chair like this. Only gripe is being high top bounces around guessing need less tyre pressure, soften front springs

Image Image Image Image

The underside need attention, just some perspex almost covering the control module, not allowed test on beach because electronics poorly protected. For German quality not good photos below

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hopefully get videos up when weather fines up, need to rip up a summit in Auckland test propper hill climb...

daunjan

Re: Meyra iCHAIR MC2 RS

Postby Burgerman » 30 May 2021, 09:47

The control is nothing to do with the motors. They just do what the R-Net programming tells them to do. Which means it may be programmed a little better than the vast majority of powerchairs as stock. (Or someone has configured it better).

You can do the same to EVERY chair you own. Just remove all the steering delay.

Set turn ACCELERATION, turn MINIMUM ACCELERATION, turn DECELERATION, turn MINIMUM DECELERATION all to 100.

You may need to go to the ABS settings to remove any walls that the manufacturer set first.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby daunjan » 24 Jun 2021, 07:23

Thanks John, defiantly try those settings once get new chair.

One question though, I'm keen to put in my 8x 200ah pack weight is 32.8kg. The two batteries currently 46kg. Would the 14kg difference affect the overall balance stability?? The chair is quite tall with the fat tyres.
daunjan

Postby rover220 » 24 Jun 2021, 11:11

can you get DIETZ chairs in NZ?
Attachments
IMG_20210618_105948.jpg
rover220

Postby daunjan » 27 Jun 2021, 02:41

No which is a shame, have read the reviews here chairs well built.

Also to fit the lifepo4 batteries, have to build custom box as 10mm wasted on tapered sides drunk2. Have tried the slim wheels, are taller less traction compared to fat tyres. The motors top out at 13.5km, even extra person on back doesn't slow under load.
daunjan

Return to Powerchair Reviews