Kymco Vivio vs Roma Marbella

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Kymco Vivio vs Roma Marbella

Postby Helsbells » 31 Jan 2024, 14:04

My OH currently has a Quickie Salsa M2 Mini on loan from SSAFA and we have to change our motability car this year. Given the limited car choices ATM we have narrowed it down to either a Peugeot 5008 or a Hyundai Tuscon but due to the lack of height of both vehicles we need a chair where we can drop/remove the back and arms to be able to get it in the car with a hoist. We can remove the back on the Quickie but not the arms, they will only pivot upwards which means it will not fit in either of our two car options.

I have narrowed down wheelchair choices to either a Kymco Vivio or a Roma Marbella and would greatly appreciate users thoughts and opinions on either chair, plus if anyone has any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

OH is 100kg and 6ft, the only outdoor use would be pavements and shopping centres.

Ta

I love the unorthadox smilie options :ak47
Helsbells

Re: Kymco Vivio vs Roma Marbella

Postby foghornleghorn » 31 Jan 2024, 17:17

Helsbells wrote:We can remove the back on the Quickie but not the arms, they will only pivot upwards which means it will not fit in either of our two car options.

A lot easier to remove the armrest and refit, than it is to get used to using a whole new chair.

My thoughts on a Kymco Vivio or a Roma Marbella is pavement use will be painful.

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 16-10-44 30865.pdf.png

To Remove The Standard Armrest:
• Use a 6.0 mm Allen Key, (Hexagon Wrench), to undo the rotation screw, (A).
• Remove the screw.
• Pull the Armrest assembly away from the bracket, (Fig.5.32).
• To refit, reverse the above procedure.
• Tighten screw to 20 Nm.
foghornleghorn

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jan 2024, 19:37

Or fit 2 thumbwheels instead. All stock metric sizes.

we have to change our motability car this year.

Wow, you must be loaded to use motability!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Helsbells » 02 Feb 2024, 17:20

Thanks for the suggestions.

Am I correct in thinking the thumbwheels would be in lieu of the allen screw?

I am a very novice diyer but can figure most things out, we have a drawer full of allen keys. Just trying to find the simplest option, I hated having to dismantle his previous chair to get it into the boot in pouring rain.

To date we have had 10 cars on Motability, this next car will be the first fitted with a hoist so we applied for a grant and was awarded enough to cover the car deposit and a hoist :D
Helsbells

Postby Burgerman » 02 Feb 2024, 17:41

Am I correct in thinking the thumbwheels would be in lieu of the allen screw?

Yes same metric threads. Just measure it. Will be x mm diameter (will be 6 or 8 or 10?) and x mm long from underside of head to end of thread. Then look on ebay/amazon etc.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby biscuit » 05 Feb 2024, 18:38

Hopefully the hinge point won't catch on the car after you take off the wheelchair arms.
biscuit

Postby Helsbells » 10 Feb 2024, 14:23

Found some M10 x 40mm male wing knobs online and after removing the back and arms the chair goes from 80 cm from joystick to ground down to less than 60cm from seat to ground :ugeek:

The chair will now fit into the Nissan X-Trail we can get on Motability allowing plenty of room for a hoist, that is what I call a very positive result cheers

Ta everyone for all your suggestions.
Helsbells

Return to Powerchair Reviews