Quickie Xplore

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Quickie Xplore

Postby OpenBorders » 12 Jul 2012, 19:41

Hey there,

Just got the Quickie Xplore this week. Top speed is very nice and the ride feels smooth.

Obviously upon receiving the chair I called my dealer to start adjusting the speeds because they were super delayed. It helped but my turning acceleration is terrible and I still can't do a hard turn on corner a like I could with my Arrow.

I don't know what to do. He said I was all "maxed out" he said everything was set at 40. But 40 doesn't sound maxed out to me. I asked him to change my throw and he said he was told he was not allowed and that it was unsafe.

My flipping Arrow was a 7.0MPH this is a 8.5MPH 120AMP surely this should turn as fast if not faster than the Arrow. Pretty ridiculous tbh.

Any suggestions? I know I am just a couple settings away from really loving this chair. I just want to be able to do a hard turns around corners.
OpenBorders

Re: Quickie Xplore

Postby Phil Esgate » 12 Jul 2012, 19:51

Hi Roddey

Glad to see you got yourself quite a nice new chair. Yes you need someone with an OEM programmer and a brain to fix it for you - Good luck :D
Phil Esgate

Postby OpenBorders » 12 Jul 2012, 20:02

Phil Esgate wrote:Hi Roddey

Glad to see you got yourself quite a nice new chair. Yes you need someone with an OEM programmer and a brain to fix it for you - Good luck :D

How does one go about getting in contact with them?
OpenBorders

Postby Phil Esgate » 12 Jul 2012, 20:04

I presume that you are in Canada - Can you look up private powerchair suppliers in your area and ask them if they are willing to do it for you? - Phil :D
Phil Esgate

Postby OpenBorders » 12 Jul 2012, 20:11

Alright I'll try that. Thanks.
OpenBorders

Postby LROBBINS » 12 Jul 2012, 20:47

What controller does that Quickie use (not Quickie's advertising name, but the name of the manufacturer - e.g. Dynamic, Curtiss, P&G). Just how hard or easy it will be to get an OEM level controller will depend a lot on who made it. It is quite unlikely that you will find a dealer who has anything higher than a tech or dealer-level programmer.
Ciao,
Lenny
LROBBINS

Postby LROBBINS » 12 Jul 2012, 20:53

Uh duh. I just googled. This chair can come with a VR2 or R-Net EL90, both P&G products. I think that the PC software is readily available for either. The VR2 will require a special programming cable that converts from USB (on the PC) to the particular CAN protocol used in the controller. Woody may be able to help out here. I think that the RNet needs a dongle, but ask on the Everything Powerchair forum and someone will surely chime in.

Ciao,
Lenny
LROBBINS

Postby woodygb » 12 Jul 2012, 21:00

The software for the Pilot+ VSI ,VR2 etc is obtainable .... the Kenwood based USB programming lead hasn't as yet ... ( as far as I'm aware )..been tried on the VR2 only the Pilot+.

I'll be testing next week with Windows 7 64 bit O.S. and a VSI controller.
woodygb

Postby OpenBorders » 13 Jul 2012, 04:01

I have the RNet controller.

There is software out there that I could use myself?
OpenBorders

Postby Burgerman » 13 Jul 2012, 09:45

R-net is more of a problem. The others, we have covered. But R-net uses a dongle that gives access to the full OEM software that allows you to properly set up your chair.

You need to look at the programming page here:
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerch ... amming.htm

Read all twice.
Then read again...

Its entirely possible to make it steer and go like a video game/rc car/ etc. Mine does, and many others now do.

But you need to change quite a lot of settings to the 100 percent to revove all delay and "accelerations/decelerations" at the oem level (the slow end settings) or it will never go where you want it to. All chairs come set up like this unbelievably! Turn rate you set to whatever you prefer etc.

You cannot do some of this with any of the dealer level options, or any other level other than OEM or the factory programmer.

Things may take you weeks of fine tuning, and a year later you may want to change things slightly again. So getting someone else to do this isnt a satisfactory solution.

Problem. They (http://www.pgdt.co.uk or com) or the chairs manufacturers, even want to admit these things are available. They dont like selling them to us since we are all apparently stupid.

But they can be persuaded. The earlier control systems we have got covered here (solutions) and have ways of accessing the software, and found an alternative cable that works. R-net programmers, not yet so will need to be bought.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 13 Jul 2012, 09:48

You will need to acquire a DONGLE ... and there are different DONGLES for the various level of access.... dealer level is fairly useless, you really want OEM level... unfortunately these are usually restricted to the manufacturer.
woodygb

Return to Powerchair Reviews