Are The Q6 Edge and Q6 Edge 2 Good Chairs?

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Are The Q6 Edge and Q6 Edge 2 Good Chairs?

Postby expresso » 28 Dec 2017, 18:03

Best thing to do is find the manual on your chair which can explain how to go into this Mode and how to Navigate it - just guessing how it should work - may not work at all and you dont want to change something else your not sure of - find the manual and follow the instructions - Rnet has same thing and instructions in there manual to follow

unless Pride dosnt allow users to download there manuals or repair manual etc, - which i wont put it past them - - try to find the manual for your joystick - chair etc, and take it from there - if its locked out - then you need someone to come and enable it first -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby rover220 » 28 Dec 2017, 18:58

I may have a programmer available if of interest.
rover220

Postby rover220 » 28 Dec 2017, 19:03

Also clinician mode is nothing to do with programming. It's purely to try different input devices on an assessment chair without the need to program the chair for every single device that may be used. It's essentially a list of basic presets ready tonuse.
rover220

Postby Soulrider » 30 Dec 2017, 23:39

expresso wrote:Best thing to do is find the manual on your chair which can explain how to go into this Mode and how to Navigate it - just guessing how it should work - may not work at all and you dont want to change something else your not sure of - find the manual and follow the instructions - Rnet has same thing and instructions in there manual to follow

unless Pride dosnt allow users to download there manuals or repair manual etc, - which i wont put it past them - - try to find the manual for your joystick - chair etc, and take it from there - if its locked out - then you need someone to come and enable it first -

I haven't been able to find any documentation on it so far. All you get with the chair is an owner's manual that covers the basic use of the chair and how to do basic things like change the drive profiles and operate the power seat options..tilt/recline/iLevel seat elevator, etc. It doesn't go into anything on Clinician Mode. I found out about that online. I can't find any documentation other than a brief video online that shows the first part about pushing the on/off switch forward and holding it for 5-6 seconds and then it's as I mentioned in my previous post. I have to assume it's probably at least password protected. I saw another video on the EConW Bluetooth programming method where you have the EconW programming software running on a windows laptop, etc, you set up the bluetooth option on the controller and you pair the controller with the laptop. Once that's done, you can do all the programming with the laptop via bluetooth. So if there is documentation out there, they aren't making it easy to find. My guess is they don't publish that stuff online and they certainly don't give it to the customer.
Soulrider

Postby Soulrider » 30 Dec 2017, 23:50

rover220 wrote:I may have a programmer available if of interest.

I'm interested. :dance ButI have a LOT of questions. Does it work with the Quantum Q6 Edge 2.0? Have you tried it recently to make sure it still works? What type of programmer is it? Is it a handheld version and if so does it have the part number: ELEASMB6976 on the back of it? I was lead to believe that old ones that were out there didn't work anymore as they went to some cloud based, passworded system. But, I know they do still have hand held programmers that still work as I had a tech out the other day that used the ELEASMB6976 programmer to make some changes on my chair.
Soulrider

Postby Burgerman » 31 Dec 2017, 00:32

Didnt you already pay for one?

And is your chair Qlogic2 or Qlogic1 or Qlogic3? or what? There are several options.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Twinpanther » 31 Dec 2017, 01:09

Not sure if this helps at all for the moment. You sound like you are comfortable with no restrictions as I am. Here is a list of the power settings of my Q6 Edge (first model). These settings worked well after I got them set to my liking. I have a handheld programmer as well. Older version (They had a second hand controller come out before the Q6-2. It is very faint to read but it works great (for my chair). Anyway, just wanted to show you what I had set until you can get your programmer in your hands. No more crushing knees into desk legs or holes in a wall because it didn't turn when you wanted, lol.
Attachments
Paul_Q6_Edge_Power_Settings.png
Twinpanther

Postby rover220 » 31 Dec 2017, 09:02

Soulrider wrote:
rover220 wrote:I may have a programmer available if of interest.

I'm interested. :dance ButI have a LOT of questions. Does it work with the Quantum Q6 Edge 2.0? Have you tried it recently to make sure it still works? What type of programmer is it? Is it a handheld version and if so does it have the part number: ELEASMB6976 on the back of it? I was lead to believe that old ones that were out there didn't work anymore as they went to some cloud based, passworded system. But, I know they do still have hand held programmers that still work as I had a tech out the other day that used the ELEASMB6976 programmer to make some changes on my chair.

Yes it is that part number. Currently works on q logic 2 butnincan upgrade to work on q logic 3 if you need.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 31 Dec 2017, 11:35

The min turn acc and turn dec are all set way too low for accurate control on that list above.

And its better to have all the turn decelerations set to as high as possible, and at least as high as turn acc settings.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Twinpanther » 31 Dec 2017, 21:24

Burgerman wrote:The min turn acc and turn dec are all set way too low for accurate control on that list above.

With it being center wheel drive, those settings made for smoother cornering leaving the turning "fine tuning" at the joystick giving me a range of control. For me at least, it gave me more control (at least in my mind). With both at max and if I wanted to simply turn 90 degrees to face someone it would jerk me to begin the turn and again to stop regardless of how far I moved the joystick?

Burgerman wrote:And its better to have all the turn decelerations set to as high as possible, and at least as high as turn acc settings.

Wouldn't this end up being an "all or nothing" setting? So, if maxed at 100% then you are full on and if you let up you are full stop?

Now that I have a new chair I may have to break the Q6 out of the garage and play with settings again. If nothing else but to see how difficult I had made it for myself. :dance
Twinpanther

Postby Burgerman » 31 Dec 2017, 21:54

Wouldn't this end up being an "all or nothing" setting? So, if maxed at 100% then you are full on and if you let up you are full stop?

No. Setting all 4 turn accelerations and decelerations to 100 simply removes almost all of the time delay. So it responds when told rather than later on.

If its then too "sharp" for you, reduce turn speeds! The AMOUNT you turn, (the speed you turn), or stop turning depends on how far you move the joystick and:
Turn Speed. (full stick deflection) Typically 40.
Minimum Turn Speed. (small stick deflection or lowest speed setting) Typically 15.

So that the chair moves in an exact replication of what you do with the joystick. like a PC mouse. Instead of doing it some time afterwards... When you decide to stop turning left, so does the chair, instead of continuing to turn, for x amount of time before obeying you. True linear direct control.

If you want to turn slowly, move the stick slightly. If you want it to keep turning hold some turn it in! If you want to stop turning, centre the stick. In will obey in real time. Not some tme afterwards...

Imagine how difficult it would be to click your mouse on a button, if every time you move it it responds 5 seconds later. And then keeps moving for 5 seconds after you tried to stop it. THAT is what setting turn acc, dec, at high and low speed to say 30 is!!! That is exactly what less than 100 does.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Soulrider » 03 Jan 2018, 22:14

Burgerman wrote:Didnt you already pay for one?

And is your chair Qlogic2 or Qlogic1 or Qlogic3? or what? There are several options.

Well,as it was "supposed" to work, I was going to work out paying the vendor rep right after we got the Preapprovl for payment for the chair. The thought being that they was no point in paying for the programmer until the chair was approved. However, as it turned out, the chair was initially DENIED. I had spoken with the rep trying to get him to appeal the decision to deny the chair but he said it wasn't worth the time. I told I lI had some ideas about getting my doctors orders changed a bit and some other things but he just said no it was going to happen. I asked to talk to one of the therapists involved in the wheelchair fitting to see what SHE thought about appealing the denial. He said she would say the same thing but he had her call me. I'm sure she coached her on what to say as she just echoed what he said. I went ahead and appealed the denial myself and a hearing was set up with the Dept. of Human Services via a teleconference. A couple of days before the hearing / teleconference, I got a letter saying they had changed their minds and were approving the chair exactly as it had originally been requested.

The vendor rep was out of the office when his copy of the letter reversing the denial arrived. I emailed the rep to see if he got the letter about the reversal of the denial and he said he had been out of the office when it came in but that his assistant had ordered the chair. Since we hadn't had a change to revisit the paying for the programmer issue (because of the denial and the appeal), I sent sent him an email to make sure the programmer got added to the order! He said YES, THAT IT HAD! No more was really said about payment for the programmer. So it certainly doesn't help my position that I hadn't paid for the programmer in advance as was planned.

My chair (Q6 Edge 2.0) has the QLogic-3 Controller.
Soulrider

Postby Burgerman » 03 Jan 2018, 22:42

Then you are screwed unless he will suppy. But its available on the form, so no reason he shouldnt.

On the other hand its only dealer level anyway.

Lessons to learn.
1. Avoid pride as a company.
2. Only buy a chair you can get an OEM level programmer for for certain.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Soulrider » 03 Jan 2018, 23:53

Twinpanther wrote:Not sure if this helps at all for the moment. You sound like you are comfortable with no restrictions as I am. Here is a list of the power settings of my Q6 Edge (first model). These settings worked well after I got them set to my liking. I have a handheld programmer as well. Older version (They had a second hand controller come out before the Q6-2. It is very faint to read but it works great (for my chair). Anyway, just wanted to show you what I had set until you can get your programmer in your hands. No more crushing knees into desk legs or holes in a wall because it didn't turn when you wanted, lol.

Thanks, I appreciate. I'll keep a copy for reference in case it dose translate over to the Q6 Edge 2.0. If I can get my hands on a programmer I'll probably need all the programming references and help I can get. czy
Soulrider

Postby Soulrider » 16 Jan 2018, 08:43

Well, I've pushed the programmer issue (not being allowed to purchase one out of pocket as I was told I could), repeatedly. I made it clear that I would NOT have purchased this chair had I not been told specifically that I could purchase a programmer to make the changes I needed and wanted to on MY chair. I was finally told that if I really felt that strongly about it that they would take the chair back. However, I was told that IF I choose to go that route that I need to be SURE I want to do that because it would mean starting over from scratch. I was told if I return the chair I have I would be starting over. I was told I would have to go through EVERYTHING again. I was told I'd have to go through the wheelchair fitting/evaluation again where they do all the measurements and all of that. I was told there would need to be another preauthorization/preapproval for another chair because it would be a completely different chair, etc. I'm not quite sure if all of that is true or not. Doe anyone have any ideas regarding this? Has anyone done this? I have a call in to the Ombudsmen for managed healthcare systems or something like that. I was referred to them by someone else. They apparently advocate for people regarding issues with vendors and managed healthcare issues. They contacted me and took down my information and my concerns and they are going to have someone who specializes more in the "equipment" side of things call me.

Also, another issue. I was told (assured) early on by my vendor/dealer that the Quantum Q6 Edge 2.0 chair had 4 pole motors as opposed to 2 pole motors (maybe not the hugest issue but it's what I was told when I asked). My owner's manual doesn't specify. However, the information I've found online (on the Quantum web site) indicates that the Quantum Q6 Edge 2.0 chair actually has only 2 pole motors. This is something else that I specifically discussed with my vendor early on when he was suggesting the Quantum Q 6 Edge 2.0 chair. In fact, I looked on Quantum's web site in the online specs and all the Quantum chairs have 4 pole motors except the Quantum Q6 Edge 2.0, Edge 2.0X, J6, and the 4Front. This is just one more thing where I was told one thing only to find out something different.

So, I'm waiting for a call back from the Ombudsmens for Managed Health Care or whatever it's called to see if they can shed any any light on if I HAVE to go through everything all over again if I send this chair back and attempt to get a different chair. Then there's trying to figure out which chair I should go for if I do end up sending this chair back.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good chair that:
Is fast (faster the better)
Accepts larger batteries (larger than the Group 22NF in the Quantum Q6 Edge 2.0)
Something where I can DEFINITELY get a hold of a programmer to make the real changes I want to make, not just change the time/date and background color on the joystick controller screen, etc. :roll:
Has flip up arm rests that are height adjustable
Will need Power Tilt, Power Recline and Seat Elevator (higher the better).

If someone can start out with brands where I can definitely get a programmer. Knowing about the other stuff is a bonus.. but I can research the options.

Also, do these wheelchair vendors/dealers typically carry more than one brand of chair or do they pretty much stick with just one brand? Thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it.
Soulrider

Postby Burgerman » 16 Jan 2018, 12:05

Dunno how it works in the usa but the edge2 has 2 pole motors, small batteries, and the latest QLOGIC3 cannot be programmed by the dealer properly or by you at all. Great no?

I gave up on all that gov assessements and free chairs stuff . I just buy whatever chair I want from whatever dealer I wish. The gov now give me a check every 3 years instead. Better for all. So I get to make all the prescription choices on any form or custom options. So just tick all the stuff I want, centre power legs, tilt, recline, lift, 10 inch casters, no cushion, simple canvas back to be replaced, 120 r-net, advanced joystick, bigger batteries, 4 pole motors, etc etc. And get to compare chairs, choose etc. Not sure how that helps you though...

Heres my rough order before speaking to the sales rep. And adding a few more bits... Then pay, wait. 3 to 4 weeks delivery from germany. Due to custom stuff, black paint etc. Be here 19th Jan.

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/ordered.pdf
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 16 Jan 2018, 20:50

Some chairs are available with various manufacturers controllers.

I just paid extra to get an r-net 120 power module, 4 pole, and the new advanced colour joystick. Those were options on the prescription order form.

Equally, dynamic controls are available. In both cases programmers can be "got" one way or another. Avoid manufacturers own bespoke solutions, and anything pride, and you should be OK.

EG these can be programmed https://dynamiccontrols.com/en/designer ... s/products

And Curtiss Wright - PG drives, also: http://www.cw-industrialgroup.com/Produ ... tions.aspx

And curtis instuments http://curtisinstruments.com/products/b ... ntrollers/
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Soulrider » 20 Jan 2018, 12:30

Burgerman wrote:(SNIP..) Heres my rough order before speaking to the sales rep. And adding a few more bits... Then pay, wait. 3 to 4 weeks delivery from germany. Due to custom stuff, black paint etc. Be here 19th Jan.

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/ordered.pdf

Thanks for the response and the info on controllers, etc. Wow, I wish things worked that way over here, where they just give you a check. I'd take that in a second if I could just pick whatever I wanted. Here we have to deal with insurance companies, approvals, prescriptions, "medical necessity", and jump through all kinds of hoops. It's ridiculous. Well, if nothing else this whole thing has been a learning experience. Things were certainly much simpler when all I needed was a manual chair. Thanks again.
Soulrider

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jan 2018, 13:14

It was always far simpler here. But you had to rely on "their" assessement and choice. Thats was it. So I argued rather a lot and was the first erson 7 years back on a personal budget. Since then its been rolled out in many areas. I can use money to buy new/used or build my own. Giving the user the bying power makes dealers and manafacturers take notice...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Soulrider » 21 Jan 2018, 21:15

Burgerman wrote:It was always far simpler here. But you had to rely on "their" assessement and choice. Thats was it. So I argued rather a lot and was the first erson 7 years back on a personal budget. Since then its been rolled out in many areas. I can use money to buy new/used or build my own. Giving the user the bying power makes dealers and manafacturers take notice...

I would LOVE to see something like that done in the US.

I was just looking at 21 Century SCIENTIFIC's outdoor/off road model the "Bounder" (H Frame +) looks interesting at first look with the seating options I want/need, 11 mph, group 27 batteries, and offroad capabilities that I really like. It says they use UE1 series electronics, but do you (or anyone) know if one can get a programmer for these chairs? I believe they also have a Li-Ion battery option available (and a huge price I'm sure). I haven't seen any other manufacturers that are even offering that option. Pretty much all the Li-Ion applications I've seen out there are DIY (like yours). When I asked my vendor early on about chairs with a Li-Ion battery option he told me there were no manufacturers offering that.
Soulrider

Postby Burgerman » 21 Jan 2018, 21:26

Beware any lithium system that doesent at least increase capacity by 30% and that uses a dumb charger and a BMS. Because a) you wont get the added range that you likely expect and b) there will be reliability issues sooner or later and it wont last...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby FelipeOliveira » 09 May 2022, 21:28

Good afternoon ! could someone guide me what might be happening, Quantum Q6 “CONFIGURING NETWORK” I didn't find this information in any manual I consulted!
Attachments
0DA10F01-5E3F-4B55-A449-440FCEC42F93.jpeg
0DA10F01-5E3F-4B55-A449-440FCEC42F93.jpeg (29.51 KiB) Viewed 2377 times
FelipeOliveira

Postby woodygb » 10 May 2022, 09:11

Q-logic 3e.

https://www.pridemobility.com/pdf/owner ... boi_om.pdf

Page 17

Item that indicates that the system modules are being configured. Shows animated
bar below.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby FelipeOliveira » 11 May 2022, 09:33

woodygb wrote:Q-logic 3e.

Page 17

Item that indicates that the system modules are being configured. Shows animated
bar below.

good morning woody. Thank you for your help. now, it's indicating. “ Error Code 20 SW Fault: wrong profile version
of remote device” unfortunately the chair is not here with me yet, but it will be soon!! Is there any function, like reset? or restore ?
FelipeOliveira

Postby woodygb » 11 May 2022, 10:17

https://www.pridemobility.com/pdf/owner ... ogic-3.pdf

The error code seems to indicate a bad connection or defective batteries.

Edit ...Whoops! ...Wrong Q-Logic .

This seems to be the error .

http://javafoundry.com/home/Q-Logic_Tec ... Manual.pdf

20 SW Fault: Wrong profile version of remote device
Incompatible module connected.
Remove incompatible module or update the software.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 11 May 2022, 10:25

I have no real idea how you update or reset the software on Prides Q-Logic.

Here is the blurb from the pdf.

The PCPS also has additional capabilities, including: saving/restoring sets of parameters to/from disk, updating
Q-Logic software, and programming IR remote controls.
For more information, see the instructions included with the PCPS software.

Have you got the 1314 PCPS Software and CanBus programming cable?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby FelipeOliveira » 11 May 2022, 10:39

FelipeOliveira wrote:
woodygb wrote:Q-logic 3e.

Page 17

bar below.

good morning woody. Thank you for your help. now, it's indicating. “ Error Code 20 SW Fault: wrong profile version
of remote device” unfortunately the chair is not here with me yet, but it will be soon!! Is there any function, like reset? or restore ?

of remote device” unfortunately the chair is not here with me yet, but it will be soon!! Is there any function, like reset? or restoration ?
FelipeOliveira

Postby Burgerman » 11 May 2022, 10:40

That only works properly with the non Q-Logic (meaning non pride versions of the curtis controllers) I think. Pride like permobil have a "branded" version. Which is mostly compatible with q-logic 1 , not compatible with a lot of the stuff that is on qlogic 2 and 3... So it may not even connect, and if it does will be missing much of the settings and options, and may not talk to all of the modules.

So be careful what you do. I never played with this myself though, prefering generic R-Net as that always just works.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby FelipeOliveira » 11 May 2022, 10:45

woodygb wrote:I have no real idea how you update or reset the software on Prides Q-Logic.

I have the one you helped me with about 3 years ago and I never used it again lol. but anyway I have to wait for the client to bring it to me.

The PCPS also has additional capabilities, including: saving/restoring sets of parameters to/from disk, updating

FelipeOliveira

Postby FelipeOliveira » 11 May 2022, 10:52

woodygb wrote:I have no real idea how you update or reset the software on Prides Q-Logic.

thanks again !!! I will study these PDFs, while the chair is not enough. it will be perfect, she arrives and I already have the solution!!

FelipeOliveira

PreviousNext

Return to Powerchair Reviews