Is Giantex Lightweight Aluminum Foldable Wheelchair good?!

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Is Giantex Lightweight Aluminum Foldable Wheelchair good?!

Postby garmonteiro » 03 Mar 2017, 01:51

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a foldawheel to buy for my son. My main criteria are low weight, foldable, safe, sturdy and durable. I have seen here in this forum a review of the Foldawheel PW-1000XL wheelchair and I noticed that it meets my criteria well but the price is still a bit high for me. Looking at Amazon I found the Giantex Chair Lightweight Aluminum Foldable Wheelchair
(https://www.amazon.com/Giantex-Lightwei ... G4JAF46G85).
This chair is over $ 1,000.00 cheaper than the PW-1000XL, much more financially affordable for me, so I wonder if anyone knows if this wheelchair is good. :?:

Thanks for the contributions.

Greetings!
garmonteiro

Re: Is Giantex Lightweight Aluminum Foldable Wheelchair good

Postby hobie1dog » 04 Mar 2017, 06:04

Read the Amazon reviews , I assume you have. No one on here has ever mentioned that brand, but it looks like it is made in the same factories as the others.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby garmonteiro » 05 Mar 2017, 20:01

hobie1dog wrote:Read the Amazon reviews , I assume you have. No one on here has ever mentioned that brand, but it looks like it is made in the same factories as the others.

Hey, hobie1dog, thanks for your answer!
Yes, I have read all the reviews on Amazon and also found that this wheelchair has the same factories as the others. The "problem" is exactly this US$ 1,000.00 of difference. That is why I came here asking for help to pals on this forum.
I keep hoping someone will have some information about it.
garmonteiro

Postby Burgerman » 05 Mar 2017, 20:40

Yes. The information is that its cheaper!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby MenCallMeGimpy » 06 Jun 2017, 20:42

I don't have specific knowledge of the Giantex chair, but I strongly advise doing a bit of research before buying any chair (from any manufacturer) via Amazon.

I nearly bought my Foldawheel PW-1000XL from Amazon, but something about the reviews made me suspicious. I contacted Wheelchair88, the manufacturer of the genuine chair, and they told me the Amazon vendors were selling poor-quality clones with cheap (read: unsafe) batteries. I ended up buying the chair directly from Wheelchair88.com and it's going strong after two years.

I subsequently discovered that Amazon Marketplace is a bit of a Wild West, with few protections if you buy from a crooked vendor. Sure, you can return the product, but that's (a) a hassle and, (b) not much comfort if you're wreathed in flames. Best to check with the actual manufacturer (do a Google search, don't just click on the manufacturer's name on Amazon) to find out if the product is legit.
MenCallMeGimpy

Return to Powerchair Reviews