Q700R

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Q700R

Postby ICEUK » 01 Mar 2019, 20:48

I test drove a Q700R today and its a very comfortable chair, you really can feel the difference regarding the suspension. It had the 8mph motors and turning from a dead stop was a bit wolly, i asked the guy to increase the turn acc but he couldnt go to 100% so couldnt really test it fully. Its not very good with a centre footplate as the front castors are not far enough apart. It has a lot of handicare influence.
ICEUK

Re: Q700R

Postby Burgerman » 01 Mar 2019, 22:52

The programming has walls. The OEM tool can knock those down, and allow you to make it steer properly.

As for casters, I never looked at that chair. But I thought that it was OK for centre footrest? Also 8mph = crappy low torque and control. Go for 4 pole 6, and for 120A controller, and once programmed it will steer like you want! The 8mph ones never do.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ICEUK » 01 Mar 2019, 23:57

I dont think it will be any good for centre footplate, the width between the front wheels is something like 14/15 inches, i can look tomorrow as i wrote it all down. He even suggested the smaller castors to try and get footplate closer, drove like a dog though just absolute full on numpty mode, he tried to steer my groove and hit his legs my chair is full nut mode.
ICEUK

Postby Burgerman » 02 Mar 2019, 00:17

You mean that as usual its configured way too nose heavy because they have improved it by making the front too narrow. And so you cant move the seat back or the wheels and newly offered centre footplate collide. 1 step forwards.2 back... And so the same problem as rear drive + swing away over the castors. You are then forced to have the seat set in a position that puts all the weight over the casters. They really are numpties that must love to shoot themselves in the foot. Dont any of them think this stuff through?

The salsa or groove, with the seat moved back, and a centre plate that places your heels between the caster wheels, allows that, is great once programmed, ONLY because the caster wheels are far enough apart to allow that to be done. Yet those chairs as stock are also almost unusable and have long swing away footplates ahead of the casters. They just dont get it. Worse, they also dont get that with a heavy front, that they caused, the 8mph motors dont have adequate torque and just cannot ever work properly. And even that is also made worse yet again, by limiting it to both the 90A controller with 6mph, usually as well as the usual STUPID hovercraft style programming. That has walls put in place especially so 99% of users cant ever fix it!!!

Total numpties.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Powerchair Reviews