It's looks good?

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

It's looks good?

Postby Scooterman » 14 Jun 2019, 14:40

I don't know as much about powerchairs as you guys, and there's probably lots similar available, at a price!

But it looks pretty good to me and she's a large lady. The seat looks quite high but that is probably cos it tilts to keep user level.

youtu.be/a5vTIncJJIA
Scooterman

Re: It's looks good?

Postby Burgerman » 15 Jun 2019, 08:40

First few secs are at normal vid speed. This chair has enough torque for turning etc because it uses very short low speed 2.9mph gearing. The vid is speeded up after this point.

In other words it will skid steer. Only because its geared really slowly. Which makes it painful to watch or use.
Also not a wheelchair. Its a 2.9mph 4x4 scooter. If you try turning that in a house it will tear up all the carpets.

They claim 4 or 6mph. Thats not correct.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 15 Jun 2019, 11:36

Ah! I didn't realise that :thumbup:

I guess on tarmac it'd chew the tyres up as well. So it's really a 'take it to an off road location in a van or on a trailer' wheelchair/scooter hybrid.

Unless you live on a farm or something?

Also I didn't realise it was that slow.

I don't know if the company are still trading or if they ever were, or just making prototypes?
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 15 Jun 2019, 12:29

Its a chinese company. They make them, cheap. Oher companies buy them, and sell them as if its their product. Most are claimed 4mph. But the reality as most of the non doctored vids on utube will show is that they are all going much slower. At just under 3mph.

With a mobility controller, at a max 120A possible, and skid steer, they would not turn if geared for 6mph. My salsa takes that much, as a 6mph chair to turn on carpet with me in it and with CASTERS. Just imagine how much more torque would be required to skid all 4 wheels with 20 stone sat on top of a chair? Its not happening! But 3mph gearing doubles the torque. So on a good sticky summer road it will *just* have adequate torque while heating up the controller and torturing its small 54Ah battery.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby foghornleghorn » 15 Jun 2019, 16:51

That things party trick is usually climbing stairs in a dead straight line with the seat angling itself forwards or backwards to keep the person upright. Needs tyres shaped like cogs to do it though.

youtu.be/2pbDIlq-OpM
foghornleghorn

Postby ex-Gooserider » 18 Jun 2019, 01:34

If you watch the tracks she is leaving in he first video you can see how much it is tearing up the dirt as the chair turns.... With casters the most you'd see is a tread width track, but instead you can see all the dirt she is dragging through the turns....

Think what that would do to your carpets or linoleum floor....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Return to Powerchair Reviews