quantum stretto anyone else got one?

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

quantum stretto anyone else got one?

Postby Jayde1976 » 03 Sep 2020, 08:55

I had one on demo for a few days and it seems pretty ok to me pretty smooth over big bumps and kerbs,goes 6.2mph got the guy delivering it to go through programming as wasnt happy with it at first but it did do what i wanted, got 16miles out of it which is ok, and goes up that steep hill in norwich town with no slowing down.. plus its narrow compared to a Q6
Jayde1976

Re: quantum stretto anyone else got one?

Postby rover220 » 03 Sep 2020, 09:54

Great chair for what it is but the q logic cloud based programming means you'll not be able to do any self programming. If you want narrow mid wheel drive then have a look at the dietz sango m. R net in there which means you can at least buy the required programming tools.
rover220

Postby steves1977uk » 03 Sep 2020, 11:25

Jayde1976 wrote:... and goes up that steep hill in norwich town with no slowing down..

You mean the steep hill near the market place? My chair climbs that easily even with 8 mph motors which has less torque.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby steves1977uk » 03 Sep 2020, 14:05

A quick look at the specs here... https://www.quantumrehab.com/pdf/brochu ... tretto.pdf It looks as though it only comes with 2-pole motors which won't last long if you do a lot of hill climbing. The order form doesn't show any other motor option availible and can only take NF22 55Ah batteries. These are the drawbacks of a narrow chair.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Jayde1976 » 03 Sep 2020, 16:37

programming isnt a problem really as i got a friendly local place which will do whatever i want.. was sure it had 4 ple motors on the demo one.. my old quantum 610 was ok with its 2 pole motors and i went miles in that without burning anything out and i carry a fair bit of shopping on that old chair.. I mean the hill from price of wales road up to anglia house,going up there with a fair bit of shopping my current tdx sp goes up there with no issues, my small travel chair in my car is slow going up there and its motors get pretty hot..
Jayde1976

Postby Burgerman » 03 Sep 2020, 19:21

The dealers only have access to a low powered "dealer" level programmer. That may do all that you need, but its highly unlikely that they will have any clue how to program it in a way that you need. But if you are happy as it is, and are not too heavy then it will likely be fine. Many on here are control freaks like me. Would drive me mental trying to use any chair I couldnt fine tune properly myself...

2 pole... And low power electronics, amd small batteries are again OK as long as you dont replrogram the thing to jump or steer on comand, and are fairly light and the chair isnt too fast. Its a price you pay to lose a couple of inches in width and a few k on the cost. It wont have as much torque, or range, and will wear out motor brushes and esp batteries a lot faster - if you use it hard. Hill = hard though. Hils and a responsively programmed chair, heavy users, all = hard. Thats bad on small batteries and 2 pole motors.

Everything is a compromise. Width and cost and weight is better. Performance (torque/range/battery life) and control (with prides control systems) because of locked down programming is the downside.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Jayde1976 » 04 Sep 2020, 18:44

well it seemed ok on my trek round bungay to beccles, the hills were ok as well.. I need a narrow chair for my doorways. covered by warrenty and breakdown so if it does break down then they gotta fix ir or replace.
Jayde1976

Postby Jayde1976 » 17 Sep 2020, 12:42

well i got a brand new one with ilevel which seems ok for what i want it to do,i got a few program names changed and i got hold of a dealer programmer which does a few things but not everything as lock outs i had to get them to do,I wanted ilevel to go faster when high and changed the colors,decel and accel parametrs, so it dont act like i am drunk. i left one with a small delay for indoor and resturants in case of waiter or carer knocking my joystick..am happy with milage as i done 44miles so far and am getting 12 miles on a charge but thats without worrying i will run out so i could proberbly do more miles but dont fancy pushing it, led lights are ok but a bit pants in the real dark on the front so am fitting brighter lights up front so i cant see the paths, goes over grass pretty well but i think it will get stuck on real rough stuff, goes over local skatepark ramp and i havent tipped it over yet. adjusted the suspension as it was to hard but no rocking chair sort of thing, i moved the seat back a little as itwas to far forward, only get a little fish tail if its a rough path but there isnt a gyro on these strettos, threw the original seat belt away as was pretty pants and fitted my own retractable type one so no dangle of belts on the floor or under wheels.. I will update if it breaks down but as its covered against that if i do kill it I will get it fixed, oh and dealer says it is available with 4 pole motors but thats only on 14" wheels versaion..(but he say if i kill mine they will see about upgrading mine to 4 poles)
Jayde1976

Postby bguy » 23 Apr 2021, 14:24

Jayde1976 wrote:well i got a brand new one with ilevel which seems ok for what i want it to do,i got a few program names changed and i got hold of a dealer programmer which does a few things but not everything as lock outs i had to get them to do,I wanted ilevel to go faster when high and changed the colors,decel and accel parametrs, so it dont act like i am drunk. i left one with a small delay for indoor and resturants in case of waiter or carer knocking my joystick..am happy with milage as i done 44miles so far and am getting 12 miles on a charge but thats without worrying i will run out so i could proberbly do more miles but dont fancy pushing it, led lights are ok but a bit pants in the real dark on the front so am fitting brighter lights up front so i cant see the paths, goes over grass pretty well but i think it will get stuck on real rough stuff, goes over local skatepark ramp and i havent tipped it over yet. adjusted the suspension as it was to hard but no rocking chair sort of thing, i moved the seat back a little as itwas to far forward, only get a little fish tail if its a rough path but there isnt a gyro on these strettos, threw the original seat belt away as was pretty pants and fitted my own retractable type one so no dangle of belts on the floor or under wheels.. I will update if it breaks down but as its covered against that if i do kill it I will get it fixed, oh and dealer says it is available with 4 pole motors but thats only on 14" wheels versaion..(but he say if i kill mine they will see about upgrading mine to 4 poles)

Was your dealer willing/able to remove all delay on a quantum?
bguy

Postby Burgerman » 23 Apr 2021, 15:40

To do that you need a OEM level programmer. The dealer cannot get one in normal circumstances. So even if the dealer knew how and I seriously doubt it, he couldnt likely do so. Its only possible to do so much, but cant tweak motor compensation or remove settings walls etc.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Jayde1976 » 05 May 2021, 20:24

bguy wrote:
Jayde1976 wrote:)

Was your dealer willing/able to remove all delay on a quantum?

well yes and no... I got the lift creep removed so it will go quick in the lift position but its not recommended as it moves forward a lot of u brake hard..I got it to turn better but its not 100% as Burgerman say I need aOEM programmer which is super rare to get hold of, I got a dealer programmer but it dont remove all of the delay in turns on the spot .. But I am happy with it and for what I use its ok for me...It goes through my narrow doors fine and in my car ok as well as on the bus and around norwich city fine.... I have one or 2 moans about the chair but they are minor.. I had a headlight led go funny after a month of use which was covered under the warrenty and I have just about killed the batteries and in the next month I am getting the dealer to fit new ones(I dont pay for the batteries) the wheel arch led light egg style switch is crap as well.. I added my own usb plug so i can charge my phone and bluetooth speaker on the go... oh and I dont get stuck to much on dirt footpaths unless its really wet,I can go over my local graveyard grass ok. I had to back off the springs a bit as I am only 70kg and it give a much better ride.. If I could I would of built my own chair but it would have to be a narrow type and use a controller/joystick which is easy to program along with lithium batterys
Jayde1976

Postby Burgerman » 05 Jul 2023, 10:34

?
What language is this? Or a bot? Or on speed.
:problem:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby 700R » 05 Jul 2023, 17:14

Cdrepoman wrote:Ya i got one its wiggidy whack the mighty computer took a dump so i ripped it and everything else out and put some headways in for going and some samsungs on for the ilevel lift stuff with a chinese universal joystick and now its moving and doing what i need it to cuz whoknows how long before quantum gets me a new computer they were on backorder and had i not repaired myself i would be immobil for six weeks as of today im not having that though but what a crock of crapola anywho the chair is narrow and i hate midwheel drive now i know i need to make my own mobility piece just not sure what burgerdudes chairs are kewl im thinking treads though treads and hydraulics is the way im thinking 12vhydro for seat ect. 36v lifpo4 for locomotion but i gotta find a way to do narrow treads the others look ridiculous all wide and sheit and something with moving extendable frame to elongate at high speed someone draw me up one please

Do you smoke it or mainline?
700R

Postby Burgerman » 05 Jul 2023, 19:32

Biggest issue with that chair quite apart from its locked down controller is its stupid 40Ah batteries. Useless by design. 25Ah at best is actually usable. Then it (and all powerchairs) will stop. Because of an evil fella called peukert.

And this happens more and more as the battery deteriorates due to a too high average daily cyclic Depth of Discharge (DoD). So after a couple of months range and torque deteriorate rapidly even more. Rinse and repeat with 10 sets of batteries.

Its OK if you never use it much. And charge it daily and PROPERLY meaning no mobility charger.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Jayde1976 » 02 Aug 2023, 10:36

I agree with the range issue but I only do 10 miles a day at most and usually only 5 so its ok for my needs plus it narrow compared to others. I like the lift as well. I did find by unplugging a microswitch on the lift u get full speed when up high and you then loose the delay a lot but its still there and as yet I haven't killed the chair and I have been through a set of batteries. just wish the manuafactors would actually listen to people who use there products. I attended Birmingham nec with a load of manuafactors (I forget the name of the show now, I have FTD as well so I do forget stuff a lot) but this chair suits me and fits in my car ok(Chrysler voyager btw) but I do agree its not suitable for everyone and not everyone needs 100% direction control, especially if a tremor in the hand. but wish the controllers were more able for us to make adjustments
Jayde1976

Return to Powerchair Reviews