polishing the turd!

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby Viz » 06 Feb 2020, 19:12

@Burgerman Thanks mate makes complete sense, when I finally get down to Duke I should be able to make some progress if Duke has not handled it already.
Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Viz
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Feb 2020, 19:49

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby duke1 » 07 Feb 2020, 11:53

Viz wrote:@Burgerman Thanks mate makes complete sense, when I finally get down to Duke I should be able to make some progress if Duke has not handled it already.

i most def have not handled it! i tried what @woody suggests but am still stumped even after that as i cannot figure how you connect to the now inverted plug that is now stuck in the hirose socket on the new joystick the 3 tiny terminals all stayed stuck in the hirose socket and i was worried i may dislodge them and end up in the wrong hole! so after finding my glasses and a tiny pair of jewelery pliers i just put the plug back together i hope correct and retired to bed in a huff!
had another crack at the prog but have had enough and very close to binning the fucking lot!if i had known all this would be so difficult i would not have started ever and have less of a headache now!
anyhow i got the pleasure of taking her shopping this morning and boy is she in a bad mood!!!!!! :cussing
duke1
 
Posts: 485
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 17:09
Location: southeast england

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby Burgerman » 07 Feb 2020, 12:03

Theres no emoticon of a big thumb pressing on a head.

Seriously its not hard, or complicated. Many here have done this. You just need to relax and have a look at the readme file, and the wiring woody posted. Or the instructions on the link I gave you some time back...

The easy way is to buy r-net, and an OEM dongle. But thats not cheap. Its super easy though!
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55653
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby woodygb » 07 Feb 2020, 12:19

Buy these.... you will need 3.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aukru-Male-Fem ... 4X5XBWZFTT



Then connect like this ...
DUPONT HIROSE.jpg




NOTE:- The Dupont female ends may need a bit of persuasion to push over the DB9 pins .... AND you should remove the pin housing on the BLACK / GND Dupont wires Male end....( you remove the male pin housing due to spacing issues )... to do this you just lift the retaining tab and extract the pin.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6478
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby duke1 » 07 Feb 2020, 12:24

Burgerman wrote:Theres no emoticon of a big thumb pressing on a head.

Seriously its not hard, or complicated. Many here have done this. You just need to relax and have a look at the readme file, and the wiring woody posted. Or the instructions on the link I gave you some time back...

The easy way is to buy r-net, and an OEM dongle. But thats not cheap. Its super easy though!

bless her she is very patient mostly but today is in great pain and so grumpy as hell one minute and ok the next,i find things with tiny precise parts difficult in the extreme and spend 90% of time constantly retrieving dropped parts and then due to no feeling in my rh index finger i have no sensation that governs how one grips and so randomly drop shit which becomes very frustrating very quickly!
my fear is i will break the lead trying to make it work on both chairs id rather find a plug that fits the hirose socket i think it may be easier for me and my useless hand.
as to the program well i have stopped trying today as yesterday just made me cross and grumpy too! i shall wait for @viz as he knows about such things far more than me,
on brightside i did after many hours of fixing have the centre footplate on and working properly on the puma 40 its 90% straighter and adjusts as it should now and not tangling in the casters !
thanks for trying to help,peace
duke1
 
Posts: 485
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 17:09
Location: southeast england

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby woodygb » 07 Feb 2020, 12:27

The Hirose plug is available in kit form ...but it is expensive.

NOTE:- I have bought and constructed one and will NOT do it again.... it is a PITA even with a magnifying light and 2 working hands.

I could make you a homebrewed one using a felt tip pen top as the plug housing.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6478
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby Burgerman » 07 Feb 2020, 12:43

I just superglued some single plug pins together after filing them a little thinner. Then heatshrink it.

I used 5 pins.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55653
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby duke1 » 07 Feb 2020, 12:55

woodygb wrote:The Hirose plug is available in kit form ...but it is expensive.

NOTE:- I have bought and constructed one and will NOT do it again.... it is a PITA even with a magnifying light and 2 working hands.

I could make you a homebrewed one using a felt tip pen top as the plug housing.

hi woody i did have a quick look for a hirose plug on ebay but i found allsorts none of which looked right.
so i decided till the program works and the puma 40 gets reprogram done then if needs be i shall dismantle the lead to do the hirose type one after.
but all in all a right pita! see even with specs and jewelers pliers i find tiny parts near impossible to handle now and so many things get lost/broken/stuck in strange places (try inside the battery box on the puma!) i dropped the only t40 socket in the set right inside the puma could even see it but even a magnet would not pick the cnut up banghead !
if you could make me a plug that i can attach to the wires and fit the hirose socket it would sure help tbh if they were not so close together terminals id have a go at making something but far to fiddly for me now,cheers
duke1
 
Posts: 485
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 17:09
Location: southeast england

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby woodygb » 07 Feb 2020, 12:56

OK..I will make one.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6478
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby Burgerman » 07 Feb 2020, 13:03

A serial adapter, USB lead. +

Mine, bought wires epoxied together as a plug with a bit of heatshrink to make sure... https://www.amazon.co.uk/40pcs-2-54mm-B ... MKXW2WRRE5

Image

Soldered at the ceap ebay SubD connector.
Attachments
810_1816.JPG
810_1818.jpg
810_18182.jpg
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55653
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby Burgerman » 07 Feb 2020, 13:13

So you can use the Orange DWIZ if needed. Or in your case, dont use it, as its not needed.

A diy plug that anyone can make.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55653
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby woodygb » 07 Feb 2020, 14:48

duke1 wrote:if you could make me a plug that i can attach to the wires and fit the hirose socket it would sure help tbh if they were not so close together terminals id have a go at making something but far to fiddly for me now,cheers


Done and tested.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6478
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby duke1 » 07 Feb 2020, 15:47

woodygb wrote:
duke1 wrote:if you could make me a plug that i can attach to the wires and fit the hirose socket it would sure help tbh if they were not so close together terminals id have a go at making something but far to fiddly for me now,cheers


Done and tested.

wow quick work woody!thank you again for your kind help i will get there eventually!!!! :worship i am just wanting the job over now tbh,then concentrate on my cars mot! do you have my addy still? bless you ;)
duke1
 
Posts: 485
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 17:09
Location: southeast england

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby woodygb » 07 Feb 2020, 17:26

P.M. it again please.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6478
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby duke1 » 09 Feb 2020, 17:49

hi all well im not getting anywhere with the damn pain in the arse program and my friend who was helping has been called away i have spent many hours and much time reading and trying to understand but i fear it is beyond me.
the damn computer dont help some bits go one place some another when i download and i cant work out navigating back to the needed bit,ive tried about 10x today and still only wizard lite works with one red button thihg so still basic no good.
my comp keeps saying it cant open files and or they are not there though they are showing on the programs bit. is there anyone who could program the thing if i send it(the js module not my comp!) czy ?i swear i will end up mad and bald at this rate and the area is flooding again so she needs the mudmonster working more than ever,quite honestly wish id never started this but equally cant afford to give up! banghead
duke1
 
Posts: 485
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 17:09
Location: southeast england

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby steves1977uk » 09 Feb 2020, 19:25

I would do it for you duke, but I don't have any Dynamic stuff here including the connectors/leads. :thumbdown: Think it would be easier for you to stick with PG Drives stuff, at least you can program them way easier without any hassle. :thumbup:

Steve
User avatar
steves1977uk
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 21:47
Location: Wells next the Sea, Norfolk, UK

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby woodygb » 09 Feb 2020, 20:20

duke1 wrote:hi all well im not getting anywhere with the damn pain in the arse program and my friend who was helping has been called away i have spent many hours and much time reading and trying to understand but i fear it is beyond me.
the damn computer dont help some bits go one place some another when i download and i cant work out navigating back to the needed bit,ive tried about 10x today and still only wizard lite works with one red button thihg so still basic no good.
my comp keeps saying it cant open files and or they are not there though they are showing on the programs bit. is there anyone who could program the thing if i send it(the js module not my comp!) czy ?i swear i will end up mad and bald at this rate and the area is flooding again so she needs the mudmonster working more than ever,quite honestly wish id never started this but equally cant afford to give up! banghead


What do you want doing?
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6478
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby duke1 » 09 Feb 2020, 21:13

woodygb wrote:
duke1 wrote:hi all well im not getting anywhere with the damn pain in the arse program and my friend who was helping has been called away i have spent many hours and much time reading and trying to understand but i fear it is beyond me.
the damn computer dont help some bits go one place some another when i download and i cant work out navigating back to the needed bit,ive tried about 10x today and still only wizard lite works with one red button thihg so still basic no good.
my comp keeps saying it cant open files and or they are not there though they are showing on the programs bit. is there anyone who could program the thing if i send it(the js module not my comp!) czy ?i swear i will end up mad and bald at this rate and the area is flooding again so she needs the mudmonster working more than ever,quite honestly wish id never started this but equally cant afford to give up! banghead


What do you want doing?

hi woody well i thought as its got the puma 40 motors and control gear if i got it to communicate i would use the file from the puma 40 i bought and in theory should be right on most of the settings.
but being a used ebay purchase and being unable to read it ive no idea on what settings it has installed if any.
i have it wired up and it switches on with no flash codes or such but does not operate anything despite unlocking the magnetic key bit so i guess needs unlocking in programming? i tell you that fecking chair hates me and is trying to drive me even more bonkers! czy i have the saved file from the puma on my comp. cheers
duke1
 
Posts: 485
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 17:09
Location: southeast england

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby woodygb » 09 Feb 2020, 22:29

Well ... I could probably transfer the settings if you want me to try.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
User avatar
woodygb
 
Posts: 6478
Joined: 12 Mar 2011, 18:45
Location: Bedford UK

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby duke1 » 27 Oct 2020, 22:17

hi all just to say the mudmonster is a year old today!been used lots and hard ,still has the cheap lead bricks i have kept them topped up with acid and its charged fully for 12 hours atleast so they lasted 9 months longer than expected and hoping they see out this winter ok and then should be able to fit a set of leochs.
i did the @burgerman mod on the cush drives (new ones) and fitted to both motors so it shouldnt eat this set so quick!
the chair has had a small service and checked the pressure in the rear tyres for first time in months and still exactly the 4psi i put in :dance
i fitted the dynamic 90 amp system and the nice metal joystick and thanks to @woody for all the help with program and going to the extra trouble of constructing the lead,she still loves to use the mudmonster and can say the best conversion humanely possible now from the turd it started as!
also perfected my diy tubeless wheel in 250/280/4 been inflated 3 weeks and still at 20 they started at,just need to find the energy to change them over now i been suffering copd episode and is horrid,peace all and happy motoring :joint
duke1
 
Posts: 485
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 17:09
Location: southeast england

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby duke1 » 09 Jan 2021, 22:10

hi all well i have a strange one again,i stole the master remote from the mudmonster for tinas gunter meier chair and replaced the mudmonster one with this Genie powerchair mk1. joystick Dynamic DX REMG80A
it has dynamic 90a dx pm and previous master joystick was the dx rem 24 sd 90a so if im thinking right its 10amp smaller so why does the chair now go like a rocket and wheelie away from standing start at twice the rate it did before and on the exact same program other than having to convert it for compatibility ive done nothing else,was the first master remote just weak ? not complaining but just puzzling :? :joint
duke1
 
Posts: 485
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 17:09
Location: southeast england

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby Burgerman » 09 Jan 2021, 22:56

No idea. But probably a setting somewhere in programming. Such as acceleration scaling or a different joystick setting.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55653
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: polishing the turd!

Postby duke1 » 13 Jan 2021, 21:30

Burgerman wrote:No idea. But probably a setting somewhere in programming. Such as acceleration scaling or a different joystick setting.

hi what i find odd but good is before i changed it the lefthand motor was not sounding right by that i do not mean the normal sorts of sounds one would expect from a worn gearbox or badly damaged motor,more like if you turn down an electric motor voltage too far and they labour to run and the sound changes back to smooth as you increase volts again,but now it is same as righthand in power and sounds far happier,so maybe its possible the current to that motor was somehow less than the other and it showed when driving by needed more stick one way than other to keep it going straight and even.
just as well though the muds getting deeper round here by the minute so tina will need the mudmonster for doing the dogs,also going to look for a small outdoor wheelchair shelter that can go out front for the outdoor chair,anyone use such thing or know of a good easy one?,stay well all :joint
duke1
 
Posts: 485
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 17:09
Location: southeast england

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ac06, jefferso, tnt and 71 guests

 

  eXTReMe Tracker