Dump Load RIP

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Dump Load RIP

Postby Burgerman » 19 Feb 2021, 22:05

download/file.php?id=14997&mode=view
CLEARLY, NOTHING CONNECTING IT AT THE FAR END ON THE INSIDE.

download/file.php?id=14996&mode=view
NOTHING CONNECTING THEM ON THE OUTSIDE.

So an IMPOSSIBLE circuit! :fencing

This is going to be a super long thread were you ignore me and keep telling me that you didnt touch it, etc which is all irreivant/wrong/because logic says I am correct and it doesent matter what you think!!! And in the end you will try it, and then tell me it now works, and that you dont know how it worked before. You must have removed a link wire. Regardless of what you are saying here! butred
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 19 Feb 2021, 22:07

you cant see from the pics - it looks that way - but the coils are connected to the one side where i have my wires connected - and the other end of the coils are connected to the other end where i dont have wires - the side your asking me to connect a wire which never was there from the start

i get what your saying - your not getting what i am saying - something is not connected to close the loop - it can only be the coils - i will have to check that they are
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 19 Feb 2021, 22:12

This is going to be a super long thread were you ignore me and keep telling me that you didnt touch it, etc which is all irreivant/wrong/because logic says I am correct and it doesent matter what you think!!! And in the end you will try it, and then tell me it now works, and that you dont know how it worked before. You must have removed a link wire. Regardless of what you are saying here!

I am getting what you are saying but you have lost the plot. It HAD to be connected to work. You removed it even if you dont remember how/when. The coils of resistance wire are simply wire. They would need to by physically broken or melted apart to fail. They have nothing wrong with them. And if not connected together at the opposite end to where your wires are WILL NEVER and COULDNT EVER work...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 19 Feb 2021, 22:15

I give up.
OK Last go

1. If you had two light bulbs, and you connected each one to ONE of your 2 wires. Then what would happen?
2. Then if you connected the two unused light bulb connectors to each other as well, what would happen?

You have 1. And I dont care about what you think it was like at some previous time as you are simply wrong! Thats how physics works. It doesent care about opinions or your memory.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 19 Feb 2021, 22:27

:lol: you dont seem to read my posts much -

you assume its not worth it i guess - YES i understand everything your saying - what i am saying as i said from the start is - the unit arrived that way and i used it that way - i never had a wire connected on one end - i added my wire to the end labeled 24V ONLY and used it - it worked fine

so it must be the coils inside that complete the connection - and must be the coils that are not fully connected then - which i will check tomorrow - and take close up pics for you

you need one of my espresso's cheers

Can you agree that it could be the coils as i stated above that are the issue - ?
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 19 Feb 2021, 22:32

YES i understand everything your saying - what i am saying as i said from the start is - the unit arrived that way and i used it that way - i never had a wire connected on one end - i added my wire to the end labeled 24V ONLY and used it - it worked fine

WRONG. Because its IMPOSSIBLE!!! It doesent matter if thats what you are saying did work. It is a physical impossbility. So you are mistaken.

What you have is this:

OPEN.gif
OPEN.gif (2.01 KiB) Viewed 3393 times
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 19 Feb 2021, 22:36

The above CANNOT work. It doesent matter whatb you claim you *MUST* have removed a link wire or something at that end you "never touched".

Physics is not magic! A circuit that in incomplete just cannot work. In spite of you saying it did.

To complete a circuit it MUST have the opposite end connected like I show here:
Attachments
FIXED.gif
FIXED.gif (2.23 KiB) Viewed 3392 times
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 19 Feb 2021, 22:39

no thats wrong - the coils in the unit connect on both ends to the little white box - you have holes in there to fit wires on either end

and you not listening to me still - what i am saying is it arrived me to as the picture i posted shows - i added my wires on one end labeled 24V with my XT 90 connector and thats all i did - the other end that shows in the picture where you are asking me to connect a wire - never had a wire there -

i believe the coils are connected that - making it the wire and closing the loop - there is no other way -

there were never wires there before ever - i need a drink after this :lol:
expresso

Postby LROBBINS » 19 Feb 2021, 22:39

Does this help?
dump.jpg
LROBBINS

Postby Burgerman » 19 Feb 2021, 22:40

i said from the start is - the unit arrived that way and i used it that way

Completely impossible. Open circuits do not conduct electricity!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 19 Feb 2021, 22:41

Nothings helping! :clap

I am giving up now. Because eventually he will test and discover I and you are correct. And then still claim it worked without! :D

Try connecting a light bulb to one battery terminal and let me know what happens...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Bubbernator » 20 Feb 2021, 01:13

I hate to interrupt what has become a thoroughly entertaining thread but I need to put on my Capt. Obvious hat and ask if there is a possibility of a fuse or fusible link at play here? That would interrupt the angry pixies and keep them from moving.
Just throwing that out there.
Carry on.
Bubbernator

Postby swalker » 20 Feb 2021, 02:08

expresso wrote:no thats wrong - the coils in the unit connect on both ends to the little white box - you have holes in there to fit wires on either end

and you not listening to me still - what i am saying is it arrived me to as the picture i posted shows - i added my wires on one end labeled 24V with my XT 90 connector and thats all i did - the other end that shows in the picture where you are asking me to connect a wire - never had a wire there -

i believe the coils are connected that - making it the wire and closing the loop - there is no other way -

there were never wires there before ever - i need a drink after this :lol:

Have you tested for continuity with a multimeter? It should be easy to check if all the connections are still in place and correct.

Steve
Permobil F5 Corpus 3G
Permobil C500s VS
Permobil C500 Corpus 3G
Permobil C350 Corpus 3G
Magic Mobility X4 with 176 Ah LiFePO4
swalker

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2021, 02:44

No. The problem here isnt a fuse or a fusable link. The problem is he has 2 wires. A positive one. And a negative one. And each one has a resistor (spring) attached, (The spring thing is just a heating element)

And thats it.

He is expecting 40Amps to flow across the air gap at the far end! It might even work at half a million volts. Since it would jump the gap. But at 24V its going to need a wire at the end to connect the two "springs" to complete the circuit.

And no amount of expresso claiming that it was alsways that way, or something may be loose, can help! That would be in addition to the missing link wire.
And claiming that it worked before without anything joining them together can ever make any sense. Because thats simply impossible. All the white things are are heat proof terminal blocks. They are basically ceramic block connectors. Theres no engineering degrees needed here this is basic simple circuits as you are taught at 11 years old. Its as simple as that. It CANNOT work without a wire adding to join the two "springs" at the opposite end. And any claims to the contrary are just nonsense! Physics is the law you cannot break! EVER.

Somehow he has lost the link, or wire, or whatever was connecting them together. Now I dont know what that is, or how he did it. But there is simply no other way it can or could ever flow any current at all without! Maybe there was a link on the inside he hadnt noticed and he has loosened a screw and its fell out. Maybe a loop of that wire inside where those springs are connected. But trust me, no connection, no go! EVER!!!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2021, 02:50

Already 33 posts stating the blindingly obvious and almost as many different ways to exlain the same thing! :clap

You currently have EXACTLY THIS. PLEASE explain how this can work. I am all ears! :joint
Attachments
OPEN.gif
OPEN.gif (2.01 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 20 Feb 2021, 10:08

Just do a continuity test between pos and neg. If it beeps, expresso wins. Other he missed something :roll:
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2021, 10:43

Of course there will be no continuity... :lol:
He will be measuring an air gap!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby shirley_hkg » 20 Feb 2021, 12:58

snaker wrote:Just do a continuity test between pos and neg. If it beeps, expresso wins. Other he missed something :roll:

That's the simplest.

Two holes we saw, but that doesn't mean they can't put TWE wires in one hole . Remember that it's Chinese made .

If wire melted , cut and join it again. Will discharge quicker too. drunk2 cheers

Burgerman wrote:Already 33 posts stating the blindingly obvious and almost as many different ways to exlain the same thing! :clap

You currently have EXACTLY THIS. PLEASE explain how this can work. I am all ears! :joint

You seem enjoying it, quite.
shirley_hkg

Postby rickystyx » 20 Feb 2021, 16:52

I'd put money on it having the remains of a bit of old style fuse wire remaining in the end connector which has simply vaporised - BM is correct it needs a connection at that end and I suspect it was the old fuse wire connection that was used and no longer exists. loosen the screws on that end and look for a little remain of melted wire
ottobock b400 150Ah lifepo4
Swiss-trac manual chair add on with 30Ah Lifepo4 (want more 15Ah headway cells )
Meyra Optimus (PRIME)2 150Ah lifepo4 :0)
rickystyx

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2021, 17:20

I just got a carer to look at mine in the garage.
It has a short bit of that same resistance wire about 1.5 inch long as a joiner. Its visible and its on the inside. Its just shaped like U and it goes in the same terminal block at the far end as the two "springs".

I suspect that expressos was the same and it has fell out - maybe he loosened the screws or something and he never saw it. So ADD A WIRE LOOP!

Somewhere in expressos appartment is a bit of wire that looks like a large staple... U
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 20 Feb 2021, 19:47

yes that makes more sense to me now - and that can be the only explanation - i will check it later - and just add a wire anyway to be sure -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/800W-24V-Car-P ... %3A2334524

back to one of these units - i like them - what difference or benefit to me would having a 12V 24V unit as opposed to just a 24V unit - ? i find both kinds - i like it compact size -- also 800 Watt would give me about a 20A discharge rate ?
expresso

Postby expresso » 20 Feb 2021, 19:56

Burgerman wrote:I just got a carer to look at mine in the garage.
It has a short bit of that same resistance wire about 1.5 inch long as a joiner. Its visible and its on the inside. Its just shaped like U and it goes in the same terminal block at the far end as the two "springs".

I suspect that expressos was the same and it has fell out - maybe he loosened the screws or something and he never saw it. So ADD A WIRE LOOP!

Somewhere in expressos appartment is a bit of wire that looks like a large staple... U

excatly - i been saying all along there was never a wire connected as you suggested - and as i said - yours didnt have the wire either connected on the other end - what you explained now - actually makes sense and thats the only explantion here - you see papa john - sometimes you have to believe what others are saying -

yes i agree that it cant work in a open loop -- so if there never was a wire there then there is another explantion as to why its not working - and now that you checked yours - we have the same unit - you see that i was correct about no wire being there from the start :lol:

now i am hungry for pizza - in case you dont know it - over here is a pizza chain - called Papa John - its been in my head for some time now and i end up calling everyone that lately - its not a bad thing - but the pizza there sucks -- i dont buy it -

i will buy something like this -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2021, 20:02

excatly - i been saying all along there was never a wire connected as you suggested - and as i said - yours didnt have the wire either connected on the other end - what you explained now - actually makes sense and thats the only explantion here - you see papa john - sometimes you have to believe what others are saying -

Must be a language thing. Mine HAS a wire joing the two together. Yours does not. (but it must have had in the beginning or it could never have worked)

So your comment makes no sense!!! A wire is a wire is a wire. It doesent matter if its bare, insulated, steel, copper, silicone, pink, black, inside or outside. Or both!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 20 Feb 2021, 20:06

there was never a wire connected on the other end on my unit - the U clip you talk about must have been there - connecting the two coils together - you dont see it - and yes i have unscrewed it before when it didnt work to see - if the screws were loose - it could have fell out at that time - not noticing it - it must be very small clip and that was that -

but there was no Wire on the outside there - never was - yours is the same way - you said there is a U clip small in the rears screws which hold the coils - its ok - mistakes are allowed

i happen to find old pictures i took when i first purchased this unit on my phone last night - while browsing and no wires on either end - i added my own wire with the XT90 - the only wires there were the little thin fan wires that was a joke - so thin - small fans - better than nothing but dosnt do nothing either

i will check it later tonight
expresso

Postby expresso » 20 Feb 2021, 20:11

Burgerman wrote:I just got a carer to look at mine in the garage.

this is what you said - and this is how mines most likely is also - or was - since that little joiner must have come out - its on the inside - not visible to me - the outside part that you see in my picture - no wires were ever there - ever - and yours was the same way - the outside part
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2021, 20:22

If you remember I posted the link that showed me the INSIDE of that white ceramic connector block and said that I couldnt see a link wire there. thats where I would have expected it to be. And you said "how did I know". So I posted your own photo! Of the INSIDE and of the OUTSIDE.

I reposted this download/file.php?id=14997&mode=view
Showing that I could see no link at the FAR END!

About 15 posts or so back...

Read!

This is going to be a super long thread were you ignore me and keep telling me that you didnt touch it, etc which is all irreivant/wrong/because logic says I am correct and it doesent matter what you think!!! And in the end you will try it, and then tell me it now works, and that you dont know how it worked before. You must have removed a link wire. Regardless of what you are saying here!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 20 Feb 2021, 20:28

its not visible in that photo -

your missing the whole point here - you know that -

you insisted that there was a wire cable looped together on one end - and there never was - but you didnt believe me - just because there wasnt a wire cable looped on the other end on the outside -- only means there was something else that closed the loop - that U link you said - thats the only explantion as to how it worked before without the looped wire on the outside

here are 3 pictures - this is how i received the unit - i dont see any looped wire cable on the other end ?

you enjoy this dont you :)
expresso

Postby expresso » 20 Feb 2021, 20:30

those little wires are for the fan - i dont see any wires looped anywhere - it has to do with the coils itself - they are joined in the back screws of the little white box - - the front screws are empty - both ends - i made a wire connected it to the 24v side thats labeled and Magic it worked -

the other end was nothing other than the coils on the rear screws inside - hard to see i cant see if any U click was there or not -
expresso

Postby expresso » 20 Feb 2021, 20:34

i find it very hard to believe that no one else here reading this - is not understanding what i been saying from the start - if thats the case - then i cant explain myself good at all - and sometimes i cant - but it is what it is - :dance
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2021, 20:53

Everyone inc me knows what you are saying. We have read it over and over and you still keep saying it. But you are wrong! Or it wouldnt work. The link wire is pretty obvious. You can see it in the inside or the outside - wherever it was on yours. And the fact that non now exists means it has gone. I dont care if you removed it, or it fell out or if a magic fairy made it dissapear. It MUST EXIST to work!!! You dont even NEED to see if that U shaped bit of wire was there. You must understand that LOGICALLY it or something else MUST be there??? Surely? (yes I know dont call me shirly...) The thin fan wires are all irrelivant.

And its also very obvious that it cannot work unless its linked at the opposite end. I was saying this right my first post. And yes I know what you said. We all do!!! But that could not possibly be true. So you HAD to be wrong. Maybe you didnt see it but it MUST have existed. Logic/physics and schoolboy electrics says so.

Add a bit of your silicon heat proof wire in a short loop. Outside or inside, it makes not a blind bit of difference. And it will no longer be RIP. And will work normally again. As I said from my first post!!! :fencing

the other end was nothing other than the coils on the rear screws inside - hard to see i cant see if any U click was there or not -

You do not NEED to see it, to understand that it MUST have been there to work. Logically there is simply no alternative. So it doesent matter what you think you saw or didnt see, or claimed at all. You can claim whatever you want and it is irrelivant. Why? If it worked once, it was there then!
Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair