COlostomy, Ileostomy or Continent Ileostomy.

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

COlostomy, Ileostomy or Continent Ileostomy.

Postby sacharlie » 26 Jul 2021, 22:59

Anyone here that has such care to share your experience?
sacharlie

Re: COlostomy, Ileostomy or Continent Ileostomy.

Postby Burgerman » 26 Jul 2021, 23:16

T4 paraplegic. So all that other stuff you have to do to go to the toilet is too much. And not reliable. So when I had my accident, and tore my bowel they fitted a tempory ileostomy. Which can be reversed. After 23 years I didnt do that. Its not great, but better than the alternative. If you live of stuff with a face as I do, you see the food again in 3 to 20 mins. After that its done with until you eat. If you eat other stuff its a royal pain. Endless trips to the toilet. So since that what I prefer to eat anyway no problemo!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby sacharlie » 31 Jul 2021, 16:50

So do you empty around a half dozen times a day? Read that about the continent internal ileostomy pouch made from the ileum.
sacharlie

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jul 2021, 18:03

No. I eat once a day, meat! And its all done and gone half an hour later. Then nothing much happens all day. If you eat other stuff and several times a day then you will be emptying it as often. And gas. And random times.

As you know most people are full of shit! I am not. Currently you are. Its stored in your large bowel and sometimes spends 4 or 5 days or longer depending what you eat. Sometimes months. Anything that normally goes to your large bowel, you see straight away.

Vegitation and anything fibrous / carbohydrate like crisbs/chips can cause gas and stay in your small bowel or stomach a long time and causes problems with ileostomy while you are out... Meat is dissolved by the nitric acid in your stomach almost instantly. And you see it again pretty fast! So eat stuff with a face only, wait a bit, go to toilet then go out. Then you will mostly not be bothered by it all day pretty much until you eat again. Eat whatever you like, if staying home, but beware of the consequences. Also many have massive problems with gas and whatever initially until you/your bowel changes its bugs and you adapt as it all settles down. Maybe 6 months.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Anything